Security Installer Community

What do people think of Aritech DD495 Dual techs?

Guest murphaph

I might get flamed for this but aritech detectors are overpriced and perform just as well as any others from the price below. . Im going to get laughed at but the pyronix KX dts are really good.

ps are you buying these from e bay by any chance.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Guest murphaph

No, not eBay. I used to work for Aritech in Dublin and have a few samples that were being chucked out anyway. They are pretty resistant to false alarming though, right?

Is there a deal on ebay for them too?

If your getting them for free go nuts , i was saying theyre a bit overpriced for what they are. but they are free from fa if set up right.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Guest marcjacobs

Aritech, that's from my country, Holland. Very expensive, nice housings (better than Visonic and Intellisense), mirror instead of fresnel, but practical not better than a cheaper Crow, Electronics Line or Rokonet. For 5 years I installed many DD455's and DD475's (the same as the DD495, but with smaller detectionrange), not many problems with them ("normal" dualtechs).

Most installers in Holland use Aritech panels and PIR's. Why? Because it's Dutch? Or they can't calculate (or don't trust other materials)......

Conclusion: DD-series are good dualtechs's, but because of they aren't better than other dualtechs's, you pay too much.

. Im going to get laughed at but the pyronix KX dts are really good.

50778[/snapback]

WHY ??? we have started to use these, due to the same housing for the entire range so if we get a site that needs a PIR replacing to a dtec we dont have to get the drill out.

Plus the jumpers for resistor settings are good.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest murphaph
Aritech, that's from my country, Holland.

Most folks here in Ireland would think they're Irish! I haven't a clue who owns what anymore but ultimately of course-they're american and have been for quite some time (long before GE bought them). I was in Roermond once, many years ago. Designers used to move between the two R&D centres (sadly the PIRs don't seem to be made in Roermond anymore, all in China now).

Most folks here in Ireland would think they're Irish! I haven't a clue who owns what anymore but ultimately of course-they're american and have been for quite some time (long before GE bought them). I was in Roermond once, many years ago. Designers used to move between the two R&D centres (sadly the PIRs don't seem to be made in Roermond anymore, all in China now).

50827[/snapback]

DD325 (i think it is!) Have saved us on more than one occasion

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

A DD495 is a long range dualtech. U may need only short range if in house.

If your going to buy them from Aritech get the DD100 or DD105cc(handy if fitted taritech as have 4k7 resistors in).

Dont no why u lot are moaning about the price :no: . You pay for wot u get. A very reliable detector :!: :!:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived