Security Installer Community

ADE Panels

Guest wired

Guest wired

Hi,

Reading through these pages, there seems to be some dislike for ADE panels,Accenta, Optima and so on.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this should be?

I have installed these products for 12 years or more ( around 200 installs)and can honestly say that thay have been fine, with very minimal call backs to the systems I have installed, and never had to replace a panel. So, I am wondering about the negativity towards their products.

wired

Guest RICHL

1) general availability to all and sundry,

2) poor resistance to induced ac,

3) PCBs made from paper,

4) far better quality alteratives available.

Personal preferance, the buttons are in a silly configuration, they sell them at the corner shop, inability to change the eng code in the older models, too popular, seem to be very cheap in comparison to other panels. Sneeze next to the open panel and the bloody thing locks up whilst checking the fuses, (that was a compact by the way, you think they would of worked it out by now)

I'm sure I could think of a few more things....

Oh yes.... the £175.00 brigade in the local paper fit them, along with 4 PIRs, 2 door contacts, 2 bell boxes, free panic buttons (Whoo!) all cables nailed to the wall diagonally across the flying ducks in the lounge, but don't worry, cut the cable out as there is no tamper in there. Oh yes, and all this comes with a profit loss for the installation company.... doesn't this just wind you up?

Apart from that I'm sure they are just fine panels, I just don't like them. Thats just me. ;)

Guest wired

Hi again,

I see your point about being available to all, and that sparks ( like myself ) fit them without maintainance contracts, but I am pleased to see that you pro's don't condemn them totally.

I live in a corner of the lake district, and to be honest, you have a hard enough time selling them a reasonable quality system ( like ADE) never mind a contract to get more money out of them every year.

Now I can't call my self a professional security installer, so I don't really 'know', but I think ADE is quite top end stuff for the price.

wired

Nothing wrong with ADE panels IF correctley installed and maintained, any panel is **** if badly installed, and like everything else there is no restriction who buys them, so the dodgey fits give a product a bad name.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Guest

Oh yes.... the £175.00 brigade in the local paper fit them,

Don't see that much round my way.

1xAccenta

1x Flashgaurd

3Xpir

2xreedswitches(surface)

battery

cable

Unswitched fused spur off nearest circuit (2 amp)

Installed as neatly as possible without seeing cables ( if the keypad cable cant be hidden then in mini trunk)

Usually allow 1 1/2 days to install

£430

wired

1xAccenta

1x Flashgaurd

3Xpir

2xreedswitches(surface)

battery

cable

Installed as neatly as possible without seeing cables ( if the keypad cable cant be hidden then in mini trunk)

£430

wired

50349[/snapback]

I wish more people quoted prices like that round here, may give us a chance of making a healthy competition, a few companies round here, being manchester, sell systems for £150 and install 2-3 a day per team of 2 men, the manchester lads know the company I mean, something to do with stars, more than 4 I think....

4 core everywhere, assembled bell box, no sab, not even lid tamper, 1.2Ah battery... why do they have a 1.2Ah battery? I mean whats the bloody point? Why do people cut pence off quotes? I'm getting a bit wound up here....

1xAccenta

1x Flashgaurd

3Xpir

2xreedswitches(surface)

battery

cable

£430

wired

50349[/snapback]

Seems reasonable.

I think the little scantronic panel or the eurosec are around the same price though, to give you some choice

If you don't know......ask.

Guest Guest
I wish more people quoted prices like that round here, may give us a chance of making a healthy competition, a few companies round here, being manchester, sell systems for £150 and install 2-3 a day per team of 2 men, the manchester lads know the company I mean, something to do with stars, more than 4 I think....

50351[/snapback]

I'm a spark by trade, and we get the same sh*t regarding rewires, give them a price of 2500-3000 pound including test certificates, you never hear off them again. You then hear ' in the pub ' they've had it done for 500 quid by some bloke that does ' a bit of electrical work'

You have my sympathy there.

wired

Archived