Security Installer Community

Alarm Installation

Guest Ken

One for the trade Section perhaps, but as you were bold enough to make the statement in the PUBLIC section then perhaps you should be bold enough to defend your statement in the Public forums or are we concerned that this would be damaging to yours and your company's reputation.

If we are all prepared to make comments and statements within the PUBLIC forums then we should be prepared to defend those staetments within the same forums instead of running for the trade forums, where the views would not be be so damaging. ;)

48962[/snapback]

err..coff B coff U coff L coff L coff S coff H coff I coff T coff. I agree because both are the same, arn't they! 

Jef

The above statement leaves nothing to defend. It does (obviously) draw conjecture from those within the industry. I am not stupid enough to wash dirty linen in public. On the other hand i would welcome debate from my equals from within the trade forum where at least if i am shown to be wrong i can learn without dragging the industry through the mud publicly.

jef

Customers!

yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no yeah,

its like watching trisha init

:boxing:

48974[/snapback]

Vicky Pollard or which one of your 8 aliases are we going to be tomorrow, the one that says you are an "NSI Gold installer" or just the plain old Mr ****** one. :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no yeah,

its like watching trisha init

PMSL
Hi Chris, before we even knew about inspectorates we installed 300 systems for a national account and every insurance company accepted us once they thought they might loose the business. Prosy

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Just to add, were are NSI silver changed from the SSAIB due to wanting to get full NACOSS but at the moment i dont need to, We have some big sites that would put some bigger companys to shame and some contracts which i cant even tell you about due to signing my life away.

This post has ended up in a slanging match between NSI Gold and SSAIB members, Why ? i have never had a problem with insurance and found that if the customer states they want to use you to install and maintain their system then the insurance generallys backs down (did Jef not say this).

As for ISO, if you can show me a piece of A4 paper that can screw a control panel to the wall, i will give up and go in to flower arranging and call myself Hilda.

With EN regs come in to play 1st oct then we all will have to be doing ISO product tracking to conform, but ISO is a british Standard so is this going along with BS4737 ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

How can people have a argument with somebody who is a Guest ?

Will the guest please show yourself (Talk show host bit) are you a installer, inspector of NSI or SSAIB ?

So come on who are you ??????

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I subby for a few firms one is NACOSS Gold - they have found a few cases of certain companies customers not being able to get insured due to them being SSAIB and NOT NACOSS, thus they have actually done a few takeovers because of this, this is fact not fiction.

So the fact remains that there are indeed certain insurance companies which insist on NACOSS only.

Lets face it, at the end of the day its the insurance companies who call the shots, not always the installer and definately not the customer.

Red tape the lot of it, something needs to be done.

So the fact remains that there are indeed certain insurance companies which insist on NACOSS only.

Lets face it, at the end of the day its the insurance companies who call the shots, not always the installer and definately not the customer.

Red tape the lot of it, something needs to be done.

49035[/snapback]

It would help if all insurance companies were working to the same guidelines. Some haven't heard of SSAIB so have insisted on NACOSS. Most have been happy to accept SSAIB once it's been explained to them.

Archived