Security Installer Community

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

mcelec

anyone else got any other ideas how to make them more secure? im thinking of getting one of them steel van boxes for the back of each of our vans, has anyone else got one or seen one, if so are they anygood

Yes mate ive got a vault in my van, all my drills, laptop and test gear is kept in it and two decent padlocks keep it shut, after the first time i got robbed when i didnt lock the damn thing i now lock it religiously at the end of the day. Its also bolted to the floor of my van apart from weighing a ton at the outset. I got mine from company called Van Guard in Exeter, looks like theyve changed the design slightly since i got mine but still worth the 100 odd quid. Vanguard

Screwfix also do themScrewfix

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Yes mate ive got a vault in my van, all my drills, laptop and test gear is kept in it and two decent padlocks keep it shut, after the first time i got robbed when i didnt lock the damn thing i now lock it religiously at the end of the day. Its also bolted to the floor of my van apart from weighing a ton at the outset. I got mine from company called Van Guard in Exeter, looks like theyve changed the design slightly since i got mine but still worth the 100 odd quid. Vanguard

Screwfix also do themScrewfix

46930[/snapback]

some electrical wholsalers etc or any trade wholsaler sometimes have them, also i was in arco a few weeks back running cable between fire and intruder system and they have them there

Dont waste your money with a van vault, the scumbags will nick the whole car/van take it to their caravan site and get the oxy-acetelene on it.

TAKE VALUABLES OUT!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Dont waste your money with a van vault, the scumbags will nick the whole car/van take it to their caravan site and get the oxy-acetelene on it.

TAKE VALUABLES OUT!!!

Yeah right spend ten minutes a night emptying the van, i think not, thats giving into them.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

MMM,

sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, it must be a real bummer! and thats putting iit politely.

I dont understand the deadlock situation, the whole point of deadlocking is that its impossible to unlock the lock from inside the car? If they managed to do this, then I would be persueing the manufacturer for compensation!

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

On the new astras the deadlocks need some sort of manual overide should the plipper fail. The internal lock housings are also shrouded to prevent the bent wire trick working.

Any Questions ?

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Any Questions ?

47502[/snapback]

Er, yes. Is a public forum the best place for pointing out specific security flaws on vehicles.

Archived