Security Installer Community

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

mcelec

I may be out of place here, but it read as if you had left your phone in the car and the car was unlocked! surely not? :no:

46544[/snapback]

no my car was locked i left my phone in the glove box and when i wen out the house to get it i noticed someone had emptied my van for me! ^_^:realmad:

Was it a new shape Astra as i have one and thought if it was dead locked the back door wouldnt open unless you have the key.

I know what its like, we had a transit emptied getting close to 2 and half grands worth of kit does make you swear a bit.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Astras are a right PITA because you have to press lock twice to deadlock. you would of thaught they would do that as standard. I know from bitter experience.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Astras are a right PITA because you have to press lock twice to deadlock. you would of thaught they would do that as standard. I know from bitter experience.

46653[/snapback]

I agree with you mate, why not have deadlock as standard. General vehicle security could be a lot better as standard and not at a great cost to manafactures.

Ive got the bulkhead grill and the rear window grill and thought that deadlocking the door gave me a secure lock up for me kit. maybe im wrong.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Was it a new shape Astra as i have one and thought if it was dead locked the back door wouldnt open unless you have the key.

I know what its like, we had a transit emptied getting close to 2 and half grands worth of kit does make you swear a bit.

46650[/snapback]

ye its the new shape astra and it was deadlocked but they smashed the lock on the drivers side and the central locking opened all the doors!

i think that vans should be more secure so that the back has no window and the locking is linked to the normal central locking and also has a seperate heavy duty lock like them found on site cabins and then we could leave our tools in them and sleep easy at night!

anyone else got any other ideas how to make them more secure? im thinking of getting one of them steel van boxes for the back of each of our vans, has anyone else got one or seen one, if so are they anygood

ye its the new shape astra and it was deadlocked but they smashed the lock on the drivers side and the central locking opened all the doors!

i think that vans should be more secure so that the back has no window and the locking is linked to the normal central locking and also has a seperate heavy duty lock like them found on site cabins and then we could leave our tools in them and sleep easy at night!

anyone else got any other ideas how to make them more secure? im thinking of getting one of them steel van boxes for the back of each of our vans, has anyone else got one or seen one, if so are they anygood

46885[/snapback]

yaeh one or two of firms i used to work for had them, van vaults, bolted thru chassis aswell seemed like a good idea, used to store drills etc bit of a bind though if you store your tool case in there and you gonna be opening and closing alot

our estates have grills fitted to boot windows and behind seats..

i deadlock my astra estate 03 plate religiously but some scumbag still smashed window and opened passenger door!!! cos pc plod opened it with ease whan he came but yet me and another engineer tried central locking the other day and it works???

but youre right about the lack of intrest with police, in some ways though i think its because they know theres gonna be nothing they can do

im now looking at fitting cameras and floodlights outside... the extremes we have to go to just to protect our own property

Archived