Security Installer Community

scantronic on board digi

buddyboy

Check how he`s wired up the digi, if he`s using resistors to hold high the inputs he may have got things slightly wrong.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Check how he`s wired up the digi, if he`s using resistors to hold high the inputs he may have got things slightly wrong.

45385[/snapback]

its a built in digi on a 9751 so no wiring needed apart from phone line.

Trade Intruder

its a built in digi on a 9751 so no wiring needed apart from phone line
Hmm, unplug all the customers phones from the system and then try the comms.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

probably better of leaving this company and going somewhere they dont fit rubbish panels. just started fitting a few galaxys , nice to be able to turn a dial to address a rio rather than having to programme a lim with an idis programmer.

Trade Intruder

i had this on a 9750 or 9850 cant remember the model it was the reciever at the arc not kissing off ended up fitting a sa digi which cured the problem... was some incompatability with digi and reciever...tho it was a while ago

i had this on a 9750 or 9850 cant remember the model it was the reciever at the arc not kissing off ended up fitting a sa digi which cured the problem... was some incompatability with digi and reciever...tho it was a while ago

45404[/snapback]

On this note have you checked the format in the panel programming, it might not be set right, most ARC connections use DTMF, but still think broadband on the line with no filter is a favourite

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

45404[/snapback]

More than likely compatibility probs at the ARC

We've fitted dozens of these with Digi to ARC and have had no problems at all.

Check that you & the ARC are matching reporting formats(menu 103), (we use opt 0-SFF) and go with the defaults from menu options 100 upwards except for amending 101=2,105,112,113, and enter the essential data in 115,116,117, (118&119 if reqd) and then the pins 121, 123=1.

Good luck

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

sorry to say this but scantronics in my eyes are not **** :realmad:

fitted loads and only ever had 1 problem

loads of scannys out there that are still going strong

had to say that sorry

now to the problem are you using fast format on channels or some other format like SIA ???

I find fast format dosent give you problems if this is so i agree with B/Band theory is ther a filter fitted between digi and line ????

Archived