Security Installer Community

wireless external detection ?

need advice on getting and chosing a wireless breakbeam (transmitter) and compatible reciever more zones available the better (although i only need one at the moment)

going to be using it to trigger a sounder and dialler :boxing:

Trade Member

Guest securityconsultant

A bit more infon on the enviroment your using them in would help .

But that said pulnex / opetex are about the best beams you can get and work in most placs no problems

But that said pulnex / opetex are about the best beams you can get and work in most placs no problems

45322[/snapback]

Warning Opto Elektronik is also reliable brand.

45322[/snapback]

Are they wireless? :whistle:

rural environment so beam only needs to be placed low enough to pick up cars and people etc.... and high enough to avoid picking up his dogs and other animals that would be around like foxes

FM electronics do an external beam detector and reciever

will probs use a pyronix vocaliser as the dialler and is it possible to get 12v DC siren with a volume control ?

would like to have some info on other detectors though as far as the beams are concerned

and i must specify the detection must be wire free

Trade Member

45343[/snapback]

I have had a look at their site and no mention of them. I would of thought it was impractical due to battery capacity problems.

Trade Member

rural environment so beam only needs to be placed low enough to pick up cars and people etc.... and high enough to avoid picking up his dogs and other animals that would be around like foxes

will probs use a pyronix vocaliser as the dialler and is it possible to get 12v DC siren with a volume control ?

would like to have some info on other detectors though as far as the beams are concerned

45343[/snapback]

Intresting job or is this for your own use ?

Optex / pulnix beams are the best but to do the job properly they need a heater in them for winter conditions, this would mean you would be changing batteries daily,

and i must specify the detection must be wire free
i have seen temporay microwave fences with a car battery located in the base and a solar panel for charging which transmits a signal to a base unit, but for rural and use where animals are going to be a constant walking though the beam, these would not do.

Use optex / pulnix and take on a aprentice just before you start the job, then turn up at the job with spade and see how he gets on or if on a farm do they have any machinery that could be used, a proper job would be optex hardwired.

is it possible to get 12v DC siren with a volume control ?

Napco MVA-1000 Talking Siren Driver which drives a speaker as in most alarm systems and a varible resistor could be wired up to alter volume

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived