Security Installer Community

id faults

Guest martineuromeridian

As dave says - The problem lies with the ID node not being compatible with the ID plus buscuits, I brought this up in a post a few weeks ago somewhere on here - I had to send my node back to menvier last month and they replaced it to V1.4 software on the chip - if your node says version 1.3 or below - It WONT work with the ID plus buscuits.

"An issue has been identified with the compatibility of the new iDPLUS Biscuits and the TSIDPLUSNODES, we must therefore advise you to return any existing stock of TSIDPLUSNODES-Software version 1.3.

Batch Numbers: 2006kNOV01, 2006LDEC02, 2007aJAN02, 2007bFEB02, 2007cMAR02 and 2007dAPR02.

Please note there are

Another Menvier own goal, just glad we switched to Texecom

44291[/snapback]

Hi

A take it you have used the Texecom id Expander - are they OK -

i'm about to remove a ADE Ultimate, and thinking of replacing it with the texecom - because I need partions.

Creative

No to be honest we avoid iD at all costs, but Texecom arent the sort of company to have such obvious compatability issues, their engineers are actually clued up.

44296[/snapback]

Not defending Menvier here but unless they amazingly anticipated the recent introduction of the +ID biscuit when they went into production with their original ID panels back in the late 90's, then i guess they are just a victim of bad luck really.

I guess also, how can Texacom make their equipment forward compatible before knowing about something before it exists? All equipment manufacturers wether favoured or not, have to hope that any new tecnical advances in a produced technology they use is compatible or not. If it isn't, they pay the price but I'm sure this compatibility issue was something that could happen to any ID panel manufacturer.

One would hope though that upon finding an incompatibility problem, the affected manufacturer would deal with it as soon as possible.

EDIT:- Unless Menvier themselves are creators of the new +ID chip, then they would look proper nonces.

ACE.gif

People slag menvier off - and yet most of the other panels have their problems, most of the time menvier are so comprehensive - especially the 1040 zone ts2500, that people dont take the time to understand them, menvier produce probably the most flexable panels and most expandable, but people get scared of this and slag them off.

I think menvier are one of the better panels especially the 2500, you just need to acustom yourself to the programming - like you would any unfamiliar panel.

I`ve only really been using them these last 4 months, mainly the smaller 690ID but have had some time playing with the 2500 which understandably needs some getting used too. But I have to say they are growing on me, The Menvier stuff certainly gets a Thumbs up from me.

And the ID+ problem certainly wasn`t Menviers doing, the introduction of these ID+ Biscuits has effected most manufacturers the same way.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Quite the contrary, Menvier make very good panels indeed, i agree the 2500 is a very powerful piece of equipment once you know how to program it properly.

My grievance with Menvier/Scantronic is the fact that virtually no devlpment has gone into these panels since the company was bought out by Cooper, who promptly closed the factory in Clevedon as well as getting rid of many of the people who had made Menvier such a powerful force in panels, those who werent made redundant jumped ship and now work for Texecom.

This is the reason that the Premier panel is head and shoulders above any current offering from Menvier, had the above not happened, the current Menvier range would be the Premiers, and Texecom would probably still be churning out basic domestic panels.

As to the compatability issue, yes maybe i was quick to jump the gun but im sure Menvier would have been given some warning in advance from ADE about the new iD+ biscuits

44333[/snapback]

mmm, yes the spec looks good, but there still 400 zones behind the menvier 2500.

I agree though that this number of zones is often never utilised to its full capacity - I could do with a premier to experiment on........

Archived