Security Installer Community

Anyone use this kit.

Adi

What do you not like about the Av-tech DVR.

Have you tried the cop cameras.

44284[/snapback]

I havent used it, dont buy any cctv kit from Gardiners unless in an emergency.

No other reason but price to be honest.

Generally i buy from Dynamic, a basic 4 way DVR from them is the same as you can buy from Hunt and the price is right.

The reason i am changing over to COP is the price is also right but i can a 4,8 or 16 way unit fitted with a CDRW for slightly more ££ than one without.

Fitting a 16 way with 600GB hdd and CDRW this next week in a posh bar in the toon next week. I only needed a 9 way 400GB unit (without CDRW) but COP can provide the 16 way at a similar price, so it makes sense.

As ive said i fitted a couple of COP DVR's lately and theyre excellent value, easy to fit etc and great value for money, which is what i used to say about the Dynamic DVR's.

I can get the Av-Tech for £70 quid cheaper than cop (catalogue price) but obviously without the cd writer. Performance for money seems ok.

Been to a job this week that needs a couple of cams on remote view and have been advised on DM Eco 4 with the router they advise on. What would you suggest coz i think customer wont want to pay for a DM.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I can get  the Av-Tech for £70 quid cheaper than cop (catalogue price) but obviously without the cd writer. Performance for money seems ok.

Been to a job this week that needs a couple of cams on remote view and have been advised on DM Eco 4 with the router they advise on. What would you suggest coz i think customer wont want to pay for a DM.

44298[/snapback]

But thats my point, theres not much in the price and you get a CDRW to boot. I dont really want to have to attend to run off recordings to a tape if i can have a cd writer for another few quid on the price. Myself at the moment i would use a COP unit even for remote view, if i needed to keep it cheap.

I didnt think the Eco4 was that expensive, but i know its more than the price of a basic dvr such we're talking about. Breffs the guy to talk to, he's doing one now here. ;)

Archived