Security Installer Community

Bells

Rich

I was just wondering, how many of you use highly visable stickers on your bell boxes, and how often are you asked not to use a sticker and use a not so obvious bell box ?

Once the alarm goes off, then it can be as visible as it wants, but I for one am not keen on advertising on the front of my house.

I wouldn't mind if say I had a white box, with a cutout white sticker on the front, so if the box was translucent you could have a light inside lighting up behind the sticker making it visible when the alarm is triggered. (if thats a new idea then I want a cut should anyone market it)

domestic customers here don't like too much visibility. in commercial installations i use thin plates that glow when you connect 12VDC. on that i put labels. plates are just quite expensive..

I was just wondering, how many of you use highly visable stickers on your bell boxes, and how often are you asked not to use a sticker and use a not so obvious bell box ?

42270[/snapback]

i would think (im not sure) that a majority of our sites have no bell box at all. On take over we raley re-brand the old bell unit.

Jef

Customers!

I wouldn't say ours are high vis, but they are quite striking in red with our logo. We have a few in white for the odd client that may want it toned down a bit, but most seem to like them as they are.

We also have quite a few of our main competitors covers (recovered on takeover) that we spray red & put on our logo. We then don't have to charge a client on takeover for a bell box change, it looks very nice & new & we know it gets right up their nose :lol:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Once the alarm goes off, then it can be as visible as it wants, but I for one am not keen on advertising on the front of my house.

I wouldn't mind if say I had a white box, with a cutout white sticker on the front, so if the box was translucent you could have a light inside lighting up behind the sticker making it visible when the alarm is triggered. (if thats a new idea then I want a cut should anyone market it)

42270[/snapback]

You won't want one of mine then! :whistle:

If you don't know......ask.

Jef - why would you not at least put a decoy up?

42310[/snapback]

Dare i say tight ars e !

No seriuosly a lot are in multi occupancy office blocks. You know the type of thing, customer on 7th floor, short ladders.

Jef

Customers!

Once fited a pyronix belle on a job, red backplate, white lid. Next door comes out with the comment to the customer, oh look you've got a red light about your door. Customer made me change it for one of my nova 2 lid's, weren't bothered about the logo & number being on it (the belle lid was plain).

However, the silly wench next door had a white bellbox (old and shabby) with a red strobe on the bottom, silly bint! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..... she loved that comment, never did get to service the next door or sell her a nice new bellbox.... wouldn't have done it anyhow because her coffee is probabally one of those tar tasting cups you get from time to time, & I bet she'd be on of these standing over your shoulder watching your every move.... (u know the type!!!)

cheers all.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

However, the silly wench next door had a white bellbox (old and shabby) with a red strobe on the bottom, silly bint! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..... she loved that comment, never did get to service the next door or sell her a nice new bellbox.... wouldn't have done it anyhow because her coffee is probabally one of those tar tasting cups you get from time to time, & I bet she'd be on of these standing over your shoulder watching your every move.... (u know the type!!!)

:lol:

Does my head in when they just stand there, I feel like giving them a drill and telling them to get on with it!

Chubb Service Engineer

:lol:

Does my head in when they just stand there, I feel like giving them a drill and telling them to get on with it!

43465[/snapback]

I have to confess when Ive been doing service work, a few times I've sent that annoying person to monitor the screen for me, and shout if it flickers, image comes back etc ;) When ive finished what im doing I plug the bnc back into the camera to the sound of "Its back!"

They feel usefull you get left alone.

Archived