Security Installer Community

New Installation

Guest apjohnson5

Guest apjohnson5

Hi all,

I'm looking for some impartial advise

I am looking to purchase an upgrade to my existing veritas 8 and have had at least 4 security persons provide quotes, each of which have rejected the previous persons suggestions on what a good setup would be, presently I am potentially wanting :

6 PIR's

vibration sensors + PIR for garage

multifunctional control panel

nice looking keypad (wife insists)

text/phone dialler

A couple of names for the control panel and sensors keep popping up which are optrex? and texecom/meridian/gartech but the installation costs differ dramatically by about £300 which is confusing me in choosing a good allround performer.

If anyone could provide any advise at all, they would be helping a lot..

Kind Regards

The TEXECOM Premier isnt a bad panel and its keypads are amongst the best looking:

texecom%20keypads.giftexecom%20flush%20keypads.gif

Optrex are highly regarded detection manufacturers.

And the Gardtec 800 series of control panels are highly regarded too, with quite a smart keypad.

As for dialers then the Menvier SD2 is probably the best at the moment. And if you like the dialer then consider a menvier panel (the keypads look the same).

1098728141-Menvier_SD2.gif

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest securityconsultant
The TEXECOM Premier isnt a bad panel and its keypads are amongst the best looking:

texecom%20keypads.giftexecom%20flush%20keypads.gif

Optrex are highly regarded detection manufacturers.

And the Gardtec 800 series of control panels are highly regarded too, with quite a smart keypad.

As for dialers then the Menvier SD2 is probably the best at the moment. And if you like the dialer then consider a menvier panel (the keypads look the same).

1098728141-Menvier_SD2.gif

42157[/snapback]

oh its a cofusing world we live in don't you think

Id recomend you go for the texecom pannel its one of the most trouble free easy for the end user and the keypads not bad as dave points out

Guest apjohnson5

Thanks,

It's great to get such open feedback, would a suitable installer provide the separate components that are listed here for an installation or are they generally tied in to a supplier?? If so would anyone be able to recomend a stockist ?

Thanks again

Andy

I`d have thought that most installers would be able to supply and fit whatever you want. Ok they may have their preffered equipment, but I think most would be willing to fit the equipment you specify.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

If anyone could provide any advise at all, they would be helping a lot..

42155[/snapback]

Make sure you use an installer who is with an inspectorate. That way you have some recourse if things go wrong. OR (if the risk is low) use an individual who you know has undertaken similar work and a friend can vouch for them.

Jef

Customers!

Archived