Security Installer Community

Help Needed with Zonal Tamper on Accord XPC

Guest de_deej

Guest de_deej

Hello all,

I have recently completed a DIY install of an Accord XPC system, in order to do so I received a lot of help from Norman and others from this forum already so thank you. :yes:

Anyway I have installed the following.

Accord XPC panel.

Accord XPC LCD Keypad.

Zone 1: Front Door Contact

Zone 2: Backdoor Contact

Zone 3: Upstairs Contact

Zone 4: Cosmos DT PIR (Kitchen)

Zone 5: Cosmos Pet DT PiR (Dining Room)

Zone 6: Cosmos DT PIR (Living Room)

Zone 7: Aritech EV105S PIR (Upstairs Hallway)

Zone 8: Aritech EV105S PIR (Master Bedroom)

Internal Siren Aritech AS270

The Zones have been wired using the Double Balanced Method, so each has 2 1k resistors and the panel just has four wires going to it 2 for the circuit and 2 for aux power.

The Keypad has been wired into K'PAD, Aux+ and Aux-.

The siren has been wired into the Loud Speaker, Aux+ and into the Zonal Tamp, (I think the zonal tamp connections may be incorrect).

As I do not have a bell I have connected the Bell Tamp with a piece of wire. ( I have tried the system without and still zone tamp is present)

Anyway the siren is working and all the contacts appear to be working. (I can not test the system properly but all PIRs aknowledge me and when I try to set the system it tells me if a contact is open).

My problem is the ZONAL TAMPER (Solid Bell) indication is permantly on the Keypad, however it does not identify a zone the day mode circle is also on the LCD display. When I try to set the system it does not let me do so (Continues to beep on all three day, night and part).

I have programmed the system and set the Zone Configuration to DOUBLE BALANCED. I have also set the system back to factory defaults and tried re-proggraming on more tha one occasion but still the zone tamper is there.

After a lot of testing banghead I believe it may be one of two things (but I'm no expert, thats why I'm asking you guys).

Firstly, is it because the Zone Tamp is looking for the 2k Resistors, I have tried the system without the Siren and connecting the 2 zone tamp connections with a piece of wire, and still nothing. Will this work if I put a resistor in ?

Secondly, it could be a problem with the boards tamper switch. The only reason I suspect this is because when I open the panel it does not trigger another alarm. I have made sure that the spring and tamper post are alligned correctly. Is there a way of overiding the Tamper Switch to find out if it is a problem with it ??

I am hoping it is something that can be solved as I have spent the last three days setting the system up, and I hope it hasn't alll been in vain due to a dodgy Tamper switch or faulty board. :realmad:

Please accept my appologies for possibly double posting, but as my old post was old and not to do with this subject I didn't think people would still look at it.

Again, your help will be fully appreciated and greatly received.

de_deej

Hello all,

I have recently completed a DIY install of an Accord XPC system, in order to do so I received a lot of help from Norman and others from this forum already so thank you.  :yes:

41608[/snapback]

Go back to basic's

Check prog is for D/balanced

Check Tamper on RKP these break quite easily.

Check Bell tamper is linked out (older XPC shows + & - for this)

Check panel tamper especialy if you have pulled the black base off. as this is always a problem re-assemling the small disk & spring)

The global tamper can be either a link or a resistor.

I assume you didnt put tamper on int/sounder (you realy should have used a speaker). and change the cable from the tamp to the trig (prog trig as sounder).

You never mentioned the Data cable on your RKP

If all else fails START AGAIN

Jef

Customers!

Ensure your spare zones are programmed as 0 in set's 1,2 and 3,

Try it wit 1k resistors directly in the zone (without the wiring).

If still no joy then check the RKP is seated corectly and the tamper is making with the back plate.

If this does not cure it then place a link (not a resistor) in the sab connections between BELL TAMP - & BELL TAMP -R and in the ZONE TAMP on the pcb.

The only remaining possibility could be as Jeff say's the on-board tamper, but this is a flashing icon, these are notoriously awkward and flimsy.

let us know.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest de_deej

Hello all,

Thanks for your help jb-eve and Norman.cheers

Check panel tamper especialy if you have pulled the black base off. as this is always a problem re-assemling the small disk & spring)

It was the tamper switch on the board, the spring and disc were infact missing altogether. I managed to get a spring out of a pen and a little washer and this now works fine. (Fingers Crossed)

I have tested the system now and it all appears to be working perfectly, although I haven't tested the pet pir yet.

You mentioned what data cable was I using, I just used the alarm cable. Should I have used something else ?

The only thing that is now puzzling me, is when I set the system (full, part, or night) it does not change the display. The system sets OK and when it is set the display is completely blank. Is this something to do with the programming or because I didn't use a data cable. Its not a big deal but it is bugging me.

Anyway thanks a lot, the only other question I have is I don't suppose you know where I can get an additional keypad to put in the kitchen ?

Thanks again for everything, I would not have been able to do the install without your help or this great site.

de_deej

although I haven't tested the pet pir yet.

41627[/snapback]

Just get a dozen friends round to wave and dance frantically, that should trip it. :)

The display does go blank on setting, it's not a big deal so dont let it bug you.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I have tested the system now and it all appears to be working perfectly, although I haven't tested the pet pir yet.

41627[/snapback]

I find a bit of patience and some dog/cat biscuits works wonders. You need to put the Walk Test feature on, sit out of the range of the PIR, scatter some of the biscuits around the detection area and let your pet do the rest. If you followed the manufacturers instructions (the Cosmos PET PIRs need to be mounted slightly lower than a regular passive can be, as I found out the hard way) it should'nt trigger. Then test it yourself. It should trigger a few times across the protected area. As for extra keypads, unless you're in the trade, eBay will be your best bet.

Trade Member

Archived