Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Panel

Guest JChristopher

Guest JChristopher

I have a Veritas 8 alarm panel which now has a couple of unused zones.

I want to set one of these zones up to work the door chime when the system is unset but not for this zone to be alarmed in any way in either in full or part when the system is set .

I installed and programmed this alarm myself a few years ago [before I retired as an electrical engineer] I have the installation manual giving the various codes to program the zones, but it makes no mention of what to do to omit zones in full or part guard whilst programming.

The only reference to omitting zones is in the User Guide Summary where you enter the code, press Full or Part, press Omit, press required zone number then press Prog. Is this a permanent arrangement or has it to be carried out each time the alarm is set?

If it is a permanent arrangement then if I did the omit first in Part and then in Full and then set the Chime on this zone then this should work in the way I want, if not is there a way to omit the zone in full and part whilst programming?

Would be grateful for any advice/help/assistance.

Thank you for reading this

The omitting procedure you describe is correct and would need to be done every time you set. The only other way is to set up part sets. Options 51,52 in engineer menu.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest JChristopher

Thanks breff for responding

I am still unsure how to proceed, as I mentioned in my earlier post I have the Veritas Installation Manual which gives the various programming options and procedures, my options code ends at 4-7 [which is view least recent log event], although there is reference to 5 being the tamper zone type but there is no explanation of programming procedure!

I did programme this panel from this manual, full, part, entry/exit, panic, double knock etc. Are options 5-1 and 5-2 tamper options - are you saying I should programme these as part sets on one of the spare zones, say zone 8? Would be grateful for some clarification.

Thank you.

Pity you dont have the R8 plus which has full set omit suite which would be exactly what your looking for, sadly the R8 does not have this programming function.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

You have an old Veritas which can only have 1 part set. (also different programming commands)

Guest JChristopher

Thanks breff and monteey for replying.

Half suspected that I would not be able to programme this panel as I wanted.

I have a workaround for this independent of the panel which will do until such time as I get around to repacing the panel, although this is working fine [famous last words!]

Whilst I am on about this have either of you a favorite panel which you would recommend as a replacement?

Thanks once again for your help.

Well if you dont want the hassle of a different size box, then the Veritas excel is sort of the next version up, comes with full text keypad and will do what you want as decribed earlier, its the same as a R8 plus but with the full text keypad instead of the one with leds on it. Good panel in my opinion.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Also has 4 part sets.

Guest IM_Alarms

Expensive way to do a doorbell and if it's anything like a menvier it would require a push of longer than 100mS which you don't always achieve the way some people press the bell-push........ as i found out the hard way. :wacko:

Archived