Security Installer Community

hawk 2

mr silcox

does it plug in to your telly via the scart? if so its probably much the same as several other DIY types. What do you need to know about it anyway?

What it is most likely is a wide angled board camera, with an external pir sensor powered via a 12v psu, connected to a scart lead.

The camera may also have audio, so you will have the power for the camera and pir cables 12v, possibly 1 for microphone plus.

Then maybe 1 negative for each powered device, the output from the pir which most likely carries 12 volts back to pin 8 on the scart plug.

An RCA plug (phono?) for the audio and video. with a supplied phono to scart adapter.

So for the cable, 8 core minimum, 12core max if you need to extend it.

Only adjustments you will be able to make is adjusting the camera angle, masking part of the pir I would think.

Anything else you want to know?

Only adjustments you will be able to make is adjusting the camera angle, masking part of the pir I would think.

40344[/snapback]

Unless its in a fixed housing, but if thats the case wide angle lens would prolly be fitted

I am 99% positive it was made/sold by a company called QS Hawk in Carrington Manchester and it would be about 5 year old maybe?

Anyway QS hawk has moved on from selling cheap domestic cctv cameras and now only deal in very high spec DVRs (they are the only DVR's Tesco fit) they now call themselves Quick Solutuions.

Ive checked out they're webby and theres no mention of those cameras now but they used have them on the old webby.

They are here so you can get the details and contact them, they may have passed the business onto someone else?

Then again i could be wrong! B)

I am 99% positive it was made/sold by a company called QS Hawk in Carrington Manchester and it would be about 5 year old maybe?

Anyway QS hawk has moved on from selling cheap domestic cctv cameras and now only deal in very high spec DVRs (they are the only DVR's Tesco fit) they now call themselves Quick Solutuions.

Ive checked out they're webby and theres no mention of those cameras now but they used have them on the old webby.

They are here so you can get the details and contact them, they may have passed the business onto someone else?

Then again i could be wrong! B)

40411[/snapback]

Ian you are 100% right ;)

I thought they went bang a few years ago :question: (but thats a different story for the trade section ;) )

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest urban surveillance

If you still need help with this system, give me a call. I was the production manager for QS products many,many moons ago.

the system is ok for home use if you have good lighting, for enything else it is not worth fixing!

Hope this helps.

A.

you will find my contact information at :

My Webpage

Archived