Security Installer Community

Optima Plus

Guest Mike Carr

Guest Mike Carr

Help - Any suggestions anyone ?

My Optima alarm is powered off a 3 amp downs stairs lighting circuit.

My Optima alarm has a fault which is activated in either of two ways.

1) By isolating the downstairs lighting circuit at the fuse box. This results in a subdued siren going off ( not the main really loud siren) - but the problem is that the alarm can not then be reset at the panel ( as this has no power). This means that I can not work on the lighting circuit without the alarm going off.

When I re-set the power at the fuse box - the main siren then turns on, but this can then be reset from the panel.

2) Turning on a specific light switch ( on same ring main as alarm). This trips the downstairs lighting circuit which results then in the full main siren sounding.

Can anyone suggests whether the electrical faults (in point 2) is causing all the problems or are there two seperate problems ( ie alarm panel faulty also ?)

Thanks

HI you do have 2 seperate problems by the sound of it 1st problem is that the mains is not correct it should be spured off a socket

the 2nd problem is it sound like your back up battery is dead what area are you in ????

Guest Mike Carr
HI you do have 2 seperate problems by the sound of it 1st problem is that the mains is not correct it should be spured off a socket

the 2nd problem is it sound like your back up battery is dead what area are you in ????

40217[/snapback]

Thanks for that - I'm near Stockton On Tees

Archived