Security Installer Community

lock on pvc door

mikeald

hi there, i need to fit an intercom on a house with a pvc door. can someone please tell me how i can fit a rim release to a door like this?!!!! will i need a lockie to fit a yale lock for me? and then i can just 'pack out' the receiver?

cheers

mike

Intruder & Fire Member

hi there, i need to fit an intercom on a house with a pvc door.  can someone please tell me how i can fit a rim release to a door like this?!!!!  will i need a lockie to fit a yale lock for me?  and then i can just 'pack out' the receiver?

40162[/snapback]

Dont mess about fit a Mag Lock.

Trust me i did this rim thing years ago and by the time i had finnished i swore that i would only ever use mag on UPVC. Their not pretty and occasionaly wont fit so consider drop bolt or the most proffitable way if your not sure DONT DO THE JOB

Jef

Customers!

Guest Peter James

Or you could do what we do sub a locksmith to do it, that way when it goes out of line (and it will) they have to go and sort it for free not you.

Pete

cant fit a mag, as customer needs to use a key outside.  surely there is an easier way to solve this?

40305[/snapback]

http://www.adamsrite.co.uk/Access-Control/acc7100.htm

But you will need to swap the full door lock to one that has a dumb handle on the outside and the key opens the latch

Its not cheap and will not work with all upvc doors

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

http://www.adamsrite.co.uk/Access-Control/acc7100.htm

But you will need to swap the full door lock to one that has a dumb handle on the outside and the key opens the latch

Its not cheap and will not work with all upvc doors

40321[/snapback]

The boss speced a job a few years ago we ended up getting a locksmith to do that, cost us more than the job was worth. Plastic doors we always fit maglocks now.

Trade Member

The boss speced a job a few years ago we ended up getting a locksmith to do that, cost us more than the job was worth. Plastic doors we always fit maglocks now.

40423[/snapback]

It dose help if you are a locksmith as well ;)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived