Security Installer Community

RRT Keypad - Remote Reset

Guest Rocky

Came across an RRT keypad connected to an old Scantronic 9500 system.

It looks like a Scantronic product, not really sure.

It didn't seem to be working too good, couldn't fathom out how it was supposed to interact with the alarm.

I assume an output from the panel (possibly BELL trigger output or INTRUDER relay) fires the remote reset of which is interlocked in some way back to the panel (possibly via a ZONE or TAMPER input).

I had a quick squiffy inside the RRT keypad and noticed it had TRIG, SIG, 0V, 12V and 2 x TAMP terminals as well as a set of relay connections (NC, C and NO).

I've tried searching through the Scantronic website and nothing.

Any ideas?

Came across an RRT keypad connected to an old Scantronic 9500 system.

It looks like a Scantronic product, not really sure.

It didn't seem to be working too good, couldn't fathom out how it was supposed to interact with the alarm.

I assume an output from the panel (possibly BELL trigger output or INTRUDER relay) fires the remote reset of which is interlocked in some way back to the panel (possibly via a ZONE or TAMPER input).

I had a quick squiffy inside the RRT keypad and noticed it had TRIG, SIG, 0V, 12V and 2 x TAMP terminals as well as a set of relay connections (NC, C and NO).

I've tried searching through the Scantronic website and nothing.

Any ideas?

40002[/snapback]

sounds like the scany or menvier rrt does it have a display(menvier) or leds down the left side(scany) they both were a grey colour or maybe the old white technistore? if its on a 9500 it probably locks the bell tr out if there is no lim adj or in the panel..

RRT's were before the days of built in remote resets, basically all the thing does is put a fault into the system stopping the user setting their alarm until they've spoken to the ARC or an engineer if its been triggered you type *06* to obtain the reset code that is flashed 3 times, the anti code is entered followed by the * or # key(cant remember which) and the unit should bleep to confirm correct reset, also you can hear the relay click back.

Good piece of kit even though did trip me up first time i saw one

40014[/snapback]

i thought it was *6 to get the code(never try and get it first time :cry: ) then code * to reset

should have a plugon interface to trip the rrt if used with a sa digi or redcare

Now there's a blast from the past.

Scani 7400 RRT = 6 * , code given 3 times wait for pause in between to be certain, code from arc, enter code * , conformation bleep.

It's been a while since i've seen one of those around, ahhhh the good old day's. :D

I remember being told by another engineer when I first came across one to downpower it to reset it. It was only later when I found out that wipes out the seed code.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The RRT keypad did have LEDs running vertically down the left hand side.

I guess it must be a Scantronic 7400.

I used 6* to display the code (3 times) and then the corresponding 4-digit code (supplied by the ARC) and * to reset the keypad.

What I couldn't work out was how it was preventing the Scantronic 9500 from setting.

When I cleared the first code (caused by me tripping the alarm for intruder) I was able to set the alarm, as expected.

Out of curiosity I tried interrogating the RRT keypad again and sure enough it came up with another combination of LEDs.

Although the RRT keypad was asking for a reset code I was still able to set the alarm.

Hence my need to understand how the RRT keypad is interlocked back into the alarm.

Can anyone shed any light on the connection details?

Its usually wired in series with a zone or direct into a zone, sometimes even into the bell tamper. When a reset is needed it goes open circuit and holds the zone or tamper open preventing the system from arming

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

it coulld be linked onto the a relay card on the 9500 that if a positive is applied from the 7400 (RRT) it prevents setting. you can get a code out of RRT at any time but it only prevents setting/requires re-set if it has being activated via alrm i/p.

In these modern days of on board remote resets/ red care resets you don,t see as many as you used to but they are still used extensively on older jobs.

more details re rrt

ATTENTION MODERATORS _ IF YOU WOULD PREFER FOLLOWING NOT TO BE THERE RE 7400 DOWNLOAD PLEASE DELETE - PAUL

Engineering manual public forum :no: not forgeting Cooper Security copyright.

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

thanks - hence my footnote

note to rocky; if you are in the trade and you contact scantronic they will be able to provide you with the 'workshop manual' that has evrything scantronic produced in it - you can also get it on disk.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

thanksĀ  - hence my footnote

note to rocky; if you are in the trade and you contact scantronic they will be able to provide you with the 'workshop manual' that has evrything scantronic produced in it - you can also get it on disk.

paul

40385[/snapback]

I am in the trade so to speak.

I am an employee of a security company (who is NSI Gold certified).

However, as an employee I don't have any buying clout nor can I use my employer's name (without their permission).

I constantly seek to further my knowledge regarding security/fire alarms and every time I come against a problem I look to you boys (and possibly girls) for help.

I'm quite willing to go to Scantronic or whoever, the problem begins when they start asking for company details and what not.

Archived