Security Installer Community

engineer access codes

Guest jasper

come on I think people need to chill if you can't have a laugh whats the point

40780[/snapback]

Yes I tend to agree with that. Also once a thread has been answered it quite often prompts further discussion - on or off topic - and I dont see anything wrong with that at all.

I think its sometimes lacking (a laugh that is) in this trade and as long as who ever asks a question gets a serious answer then why can't you go on and have a bit of a laugh?

Any comments or points i make are my own views and not that of my employer or company

• 11 months later...
Guest Man from the South

To be honest most people don't ask for engineer codes as they feel it should be part of the package when you buy something.

They find that when they do ask, the company wants to charge the earth for something that should be supplied at source.

Give out the codes and let people sort out thier own systems, we will still need engineers to fit them, and their expertise will be respected, but c'mon, let's not push the profit pen too far. :hmm:

To be honest most people don't ask for engineer codes as they feel it should be part of the package when you buy something.

They find that when they do ask, the company wants to charge the earth for something that should be supplied at source.

Give out the codes and let people sort out thier own systems, we will still need engineers to fit them, and their expertise will be respected, but c'mon, let's not push the profit pen too far. :hmm:

Theres a good reason why Engineer codes are called what they are, and has nothing to do with profit and everything to do with security. :yes:

So you wouldnt mind if everyone including every druggy and oik new the engineer code for your alarm?? cause thats what your asking to happen.

Besides the damage a customer could do by accident in programming mode i.e. defaulting the system, or isolating all the zones.

There is absolutely no need for end users to have the engineers code.

Pete

You trade guys do go on a bit about the need to suppress engineer

To correct you on one of a multitude of errors in you post, the freedom of information act does not apply to private companies funnily enough, if it did dont you think that everyone would try and find out the most confidential information about companies products

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

To correct you on one of a multitude of errors in you post, the freedom of information act does not apply to private companies funnily enough, if it did dont you think that everyone would try and find out the most confidential information about companies products

The USA freedom of information required that all vehicle distributors had to release their workshop manuals.....Great news for those of us owning European cars.....

First of all, I am getting a little sick of the aggression shown by ignorant unknown people regarding the supply of an alarm company's specific and private engineer code.

Secondly, I don't know why, in this specific case, someone opened up a twelve month old topic just to aggravate others.

Freedom of information act, freedom of speech, blah blah, blah. I think that next time someone doesn't bother to read the site rules and or posts aggressive comments about a topic that has been done to death, the moderators should exercise their freedom of freewill and simply delete the post.

What on earth is the point in answering the same question time and time again, due to someone who is not willing to be educated, doesn't understand what he is being told and the reason behind it, and just wants a fight?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived