Security Installer Community

Expert Help needed please

Guest podge

Hi there,

I wonder if some of the resident experts could help me out here. I have a Premier panel installed with zone expander, dialer etc. and it all works lovely.

I want to hook my shed into the system using a wireless link from Keystone (the K600 receiver) - hardwiring isn't an option for me with the shed at the minute.

The receiver can be configured to output either a positive or a negative. To hook it up to a zone on my Premier panel, do I therefore need to power a relay, perhaps using 12v(+) from the panel and then use the Negative Output from the receiver to switch the relay which in turn will be connected to an alarm zone ?

Sorry if it's a thick question !

Podge.

Easiest way is to connect the O/P of the K600 to the right hand terminal of the zone wiring, (assuming it's set for double pole wiring). Set the output of the K600 to -ve.

The K600 needs to be fed from the same supply as the Premier, or have the -ve's commoned.

Stuart

Thanks for the quick reply. It is double pole wiring. Am I right in saying that I just connect the right hand zone terminal and that's it ? No left hand connection at all ? I'm using the same supply for the K600 as the premier

Thanks again

Podge

Am I right in saying that I just connect the right hand zone terminal and that's it ? No left hand connection at all ?

38047[/snapback]

Correct. The left hand is the zone feed and the right hand is the return. The feed is coming from the supply terminals into the K600 (that's why you need the common supply rail) so you only need to connect the return.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I'm still having problems with this.

Stuart, I connected to the right hand alarm terminal as you said. It didn't produce a result. I'm happy the wireless contacts are okay and trained - likewise I am happy that they are putting out -ve when activated.

As it's double pole wiring, should I leave the left hand alarm terminal open or do I need to do something with it ? Also, regarding the tamper circuit - presumably I need to link out with a 1k res and that's it ?

Thanks

Podge

Hi Guys

I'm still having problems with this.

Stuart, I connected to the right hand alarm terminal as you said. It didn't produce a result.  I'm happy the wireless contacts are okay and trained - likewise I am happy that they are putting out -ve when activated.

As it's double pole wiring, should I leave the left hand alarm terminal open or do I need to do something with it ? Also, regarding the tamper circuit - presumably I need to link out with a 1k res and that's it ?

Thanks

Podge

39951[/snapback]

I think that programming the zone as normally closed (0) and leaving the left hand terminal empty, should work.

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Just link out the tamper with a bit of wire, no resistor, if its double pole. The zone terminal furthest from the tampers leave unconnected and 0v should be APPLIED to the next zone terminal for the zone to read Secure. 0v removed causes the zone to activate. If you cant configure it for 0v removed use the 0v applied to open a relay.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi there

...and thanks to all who offered opinions and helped. I finally sorted it out last night using a relay so particular thanks to Breff for the advice. As it wasnt possible to configure the receiver for 0v Removed, the 0v Applied is opening a relay as suggested.

Thanks

Podge

Archived