Security Installer Community

Wanting to become a CCTV installer advice needed

_Spud_

I am thinking about another addition to my list of jobs, I have installed a few CCTV systems for my own uses, friends family etc and had great fun, I would like to look at doing it pro, what sort of qualifications would I need, what sort of rules would I need to apply with?

Thanks all.

I am thinking about another addition to my list of jobs, I have installed a few CCTV systems for my own uses, friends family etc and had great fun, I would like to look at doing it pro, what sort of qualifications would I need, what sort of rules would I need to apply with?

Thanks all.

37878[/snapback]

The same link as before, http://www.tavcom.com/ they do all sorts of cctv training

• 1 month later...

I am thinking about another addition to my list of jobs,

That doesn't fill anyone with confidance. Installing CCTV is not fun, there's nothing funny about it. People want CCTV for security, mainly with most customer's they have already had a bad experience, security is a serious industry, is't not a joke.

As for adding to your list of jobs. If anyone on here gives you a full time job with that opening like pm me and i'll send you a fiver. As for the poor bugger who gives you the job I'll send them some ear plugs.

I'd seriously think about joining the industry,

best of luck,

sorry for sounding like an ogar. :realmad:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

That doesn't fill anyone with confidance. Installing CCTV is not fun, there's nothing funny about it. People want CCTV for security, mainly with most customer's they have already had a bad experience, security is a serious industry, is't not a joke.

As for adding to your list of jobs. If anyone on here gives you a full time job with that opening like pm me and i'll send you a fiver. As for the poor bugger who gives you the job I'll send them some ear plugs.

best of luck,

42649[/snapback]

whats your problem..the guy comes on here looking to get into the industry and you go off on one for no reason...get a life you *****...he may just be looking for a carear change.......and one day he may be as good as you..... :whistle:

best of luck,

42649[/snapback]

No offence, but maybe you should spend some more time on the forum before making posts like that.

Whats wrong with someone enjoying their work?

I have happened to speak to spud and he indeed has the right attitude, hes done a few cctv installs and now wants to make sure hes doing the job correctly and professionally. i doubt if anyone said to him send me a fiver and i'll pm you, will get a second look.

Also CCTV isn't limited to security only, There are many industrial applications where CCTV is used.

best of luck,

42649[/snapback]

come on maverick - this is supposed to be an advice forum!! :realmad:

spud came on asking for some advice and hopefully thats what he will get.

And as to it not being fun of course it is....... not in an humourous way but in an enjoyable way.

Now i,ll get off my high horse and get back to my time sheets!

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Thank you all for the reply.

I was really looking at a career change, and I thought if I was going to move into this career then I should get to know all I can before I do it, especially with the EN50131-1 & PD6662 requirements coming threw this year.

Installing CCTV is not fun, there's nothing funny about it

Sorry, in what part of my post did I say installing CCTV was funny, is it wrong to have fun in a job?

I have contacted http://www.tavcom.com/ and they are sending me some info.

Thanks all.

Sorry, in what part of my post did I say installing CCTV was funny, is it wrong to have fun in a job?

I once got sacked for having fun on the job. Mind you, I was driving a hearse at the time :w00t:

Good luck to you mate :)

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I once got sacked for having fun on the job. Mind you, I was driving a hearse at the timeĀ  :w00t:

Good luck to you mateĀ  :)

42707[/snapback]

LOL yeh, if you push those hearses hard enough you can get the back out going around islands LOL

And thank you, I do hope something comes of it.

Spud, I must say that I'm slightly impressed that it took some pleb from the industry to get his handback out & have a bitch at me without you saying a wrong word.... maybe you have it in you after all my friend.

I was trying to make the point that the security industry is a serious business, I have seen all too many young 16 year olds who think they know it all & think this game is a good laugh & an excuse to call "work". If your serious about it then the best of look to you!

As for my friend with the horse picutre, I'd just like to ask, how did you and farther ted get on in the eurovision song contest with my lovely horse...... :no:

I never did see the end of that show.......... :D

Go back to carggy island .... & stop your bitching :realmad:

Later guys! B)

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived