Security Installer Community

CCTV onto seperate networks

Guest IM_Alarms

I see what you're getting at now Keke. Easiest way of achieving what you're proposing, (I think :wacko:), is just to put the DVR onto the internet via a firewall and leave it up to the clients to sort themselves out.

I notice you seem to think that inter-network security isn't an issue as it's unlikely to happen. You could say the same about intruder alarms and break-ins, lets hope you don't always leave things to chance.

I see what you're getting at now Keke. Easiest way of achieving what you're proposing, (I think :wacko:), is just to put the DVR onto the internet via a firewall and leave it up to the clients to sort themselves out.

I notice you seem to think that inter-network security isn't an issue as it's unlikely to happen. You could say the same about intruder alarms and break-ins, lets hope you don't always leave things to chance.

38274[/snapback]

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

I could make it easy to everyone by installing proper firewalls and proxy's to every network.

What I really do not believe is that they dont have any kind of protection at the moment. Anyway IT security is something IM_Alarms is not handling so why should he quote for that??? If I wouldn't know about IT security why would i bother myself with anything else than that DVR is secured?? Even that might take enough efforts to manage!?!

I DO take care of my customers IT security as well. It just isn't possible in every case (when customer thinks everything is in control...) or customer is big enough to think that I can't offer anything better to them.

What I really do not believe is that they dont have any kind of protection at the moment.

38280[/snapback]

Protection of what? There are 4 physically seperate networks. They have no physical connection to anything else. They are as physically secure as the PC that I have downstairs that's not plugged into a network or power source at all and this one.

I still think we're losing something in the translation?! :wacko:

Protection of what? There are 4 physically seperate networks. They have no physical connection to anything else. They are as physically secure as the PC that I have downstairs that's not plugged into a network or power source at all and this one.

I still think we're losing something in the translation?! :wacko:

38293[/snapback]

erm.. :blink:

no physical connection to anywhere?? what is the network for then....???????

if they want to be that separated they don't want to have acess to dvr either then.

if they do, we have to install firewall to every network and for DVR.

Guest IM_Alarms

Just assume that they are not interested in the internet option, because they specifically said that. So now what am I left with....?

I have already quoted and have stated that network connection to 'my' CCTV/ DVR is to be accessed to the satisfaction of each network administrator.

What I would like to have is a few simple solutions to how to do it and what are the dangers. As I have met network techs that have no idea of security and also network techs that are worried about nothing but security, I would like to at least sound knowledgeable............ for a change.

I at least feel that I know a few options from the answers given so far.

Thanks Guys :yes:

erm..  :blink:

no physical connection to anywhere?? what is the network for then....???????

38312[/snapback]

To access other machines on the local network. Currently, it's an empty shell so nothing is connected to anywhere.

if they want to be that separated they don't want to have acess to dvr either then.

if they do, we have to install firewall to every network and for DVR.

38312[/snapback]

That's what I said days ago, looky ye here37407[/snapback]

I give in now.

To access other machines on the local network. Currently, it's an empty shell so nothing is connected to anywhere.

That's what I said days ago, looky ye here37407[/snapback]

I give in now.

38334[/snapback]

If you mean this:

"The way to do it (easily) to ensure no one can access other networks is to fit a router between each network and the DVR with the DVR on the WAN side. This would allow outgoing access from each network to the DVR but the router would block incoming requests from other networks."

I'll just remind you that router routes and firewall "protects".

Archived