Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Security Installer Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scantronic 9651 - Showing 'AUX DC FAIL'

Featured Replies

  • Author

It's fixed! - It was a blown fuse in the end!

 

When I first tested the fuses - I did not remove them from the panel!! (YES! I am a doughnut!)

 

I think ..I caused the fuse to blow - as I cut the bell wire - whilst the system was still powered on.

 

Thank you again all!

 

 

1 hour ago, virdi said:

It's fixed! - It was a blown fuse in the end!

 

When I first tested the fuses - I did not remove them from the panel!! (YES! I am a doughnut!)

 

I think ..I caused the fuse to blow - as I cut the bell wire - whilst the system was still powered on.

 

Thank you again all!

 

 

Good job 

 

And probably needed the battery anyway 

  • 7 months later...

If the PIR LED is dead as well, that points more at the AUX rail itself than just a tired battery. With the panel powered, measure DC right across the AUX + and 0V terminals, then again with the Texecom 1E hold connected. Those sounders sit on the hold permanently, so a weak PSU or a high-resistance joint can sag under load even when an open-circuit battery still reads 12.6V.

Also worth double-checking the 1E wiring against the old bell box. Hold and trigger polarity swapped is pretty common after a sounder swap and can leave AUX looking unhappy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.