Security Installer Community

Thank you

Monteey

Worked on a site a while ago and someone broke into a house, ripped the RKP off the wall, (on a system which was unset as I hadn't tested it all, just connected it), turned the power and gas off then professionally removed the new kitchen and appliances. As this house was the opposite layout to next door they went in there and took the corner unit out as the one they removed was handed wrong!

On the same site someone oxyacetylened the container doors open and set fire to everything by accident, includung all our cable and melted a set of ladders.

That was just two incidents, out of loads on a small site in some village in the middle of nowhere. I can't get over how some people can do this, without a care in the world.

:realmad: i am totaly disgusted with this, never had any of my own tools nicked but if i did someone would be swinging from there bollo##s if i ever found them

sorry to hear about it though, you spend good time and money on the right tool for the job, and some c##t makes off with it.

all the best mate and if you find him give him a good kick from me

NOT being big headed, iam glad its never happened to me, it shouldent happen to anyone, its people like that,, that keep us in a job though, kinda weird init :wacko:

hope it dosent happen again monteey and hope nobody else has there tools nicked keep your eyes open, theres always someone willing to nick something thats not nailed down :realmad:

I can't get over how some people can do this, without a care in the world.

36422[/snapback]

One of the guys on Initial was workin on a shop in Worthing high st. Put his ladders up to do the bell, went inside to get his tools and bell, when he came back out someone had swipped his ladders!!! he was only inside for a minute or 2. This was a busy high st around lunch time. I cant beleive someone has got the cheak to go that far. He rekons it might have been some gypo's watching him and then swiped em at right moment!

Ive also had a safeway customer nick my 7ah battery! Put battery on floor, went up steps to open psu, came back down and battery had gone, thought i was going mental at first, looking around the supermarket for a battery, people will have anything if not screwed down!

Mind u funnier one in same shop was when I done the key switch on front door, put it on a shopping basket while i drilled the hole, put me drill down and went to grab keyswitch, its diappeared, some old codger had grabbed the basket, i was walking around the store looking in peoples baskets, well embarasing, never found it. Think the staff thought i was a bit mental!

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

When we were in oz in 1999 we were staying at a backpackers house. There was a junky hostel across the road and one night i noticed someone hiding something under the external fire stair. Being a nosy and mistrusting mofo i went to investigate. It was a chippies bag full of tools. These junkies were not renowned for there prowess with wood so i took the bag back to the house. On examining the contents we found a mobile phone bill with the owners number. I knew how **** it would have been for this guy to have his stuff stolen so i called to arrange for him to collect. He was very grateful unfortunately the thieving gits had also stolen all his power tools from the van of which there were no sign.

A friend of mine bought some REEEEAL cheap drills off a pikey on a site once which i bo@"*ed him for. He is as much to blame as the theives for buying the stolen goods. They all should be strung up.

OOOOOH i could rant on for hours. :realmad:

Oh PS another point to note. We caught some git trying to break into a vehicle once and as he was known to us we phoned the police and reported him. There first question was did he actually gain entry to which i stupidly replied no but i had watched him for a minute trying to force the lock. The police said they could not do anything unless he had gained entry. Moral to the story is if you catch them make sure they have opened the door ;):whistle:

I was working in a shop in wimbledon while itwas a building site, a load of temp contract dogs bodies were employed, all imigrants didn't understand any english.

There job was to keep the site clean and tidy, so anything on the floor that could be moved with a broom went in the skip.

Near the end of the day, as a few people stayed later, the cleaner uppers all went home about 5. On their way they were emptying the skips of all the goodies they had put in it during the day. :realmad:

sorry to hear about your loss monteey. Bicester is just down the road from me and i dont need to tell you that they are all thieving scumbags over there.I agree with you dont bother with the old bill a visit to intesive care will do them more good than a slap on the wrist from local plod.Is there no security on this site you were working on mind you if there is they are probably in on the scam thats going on.Once again mate sorry about your loss

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

• 2 weeks later...

******UPDATE******

Well looks like the net is closing in on Mr Sticky fingers, unknown to him and everyone else on the site, we've had the CCTV cameras going for a week now, and last night they recorded someone from the site wandering about at 9.30 pm, didnt show him stealing anything although apparently something did disappear, so they going to plant some tasty items right by the cameras from now on to see if he takes the bait.

I and they think its only fair to catch him in the act before giving him whats coming to him rather than assume its him when he could be wandering around for an innocent reason at 9.30 pm but that reason is beyond me.

I'll keep you all posted

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived