Security Installer Community

IDC Crimps

Chris Teague

Smarty (Old BT Buddy), or anyone for that matter.

Anyone know where you can get the BT connector's 1A (Blue Bean's) or 8A's (Clear Crimp's) from? Grease filled not an issue.

CPC do a version of the 8A's, but they are c&*p & fall apart as you take them out of the box :realmad:

They are great for making a joint in a PIR etc.

Regards Chris :)

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Yeah i wouldnt mind knowing as well

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Try these at Mills Ltd, or LJD have some 3M ones. Can't see any of those falling apart. Just about to order some from Mills myself as the lot that I liberated from the nice BT man have depleted :(

Try these at Mills Ltd, or LJD have some 3M ones. Can't see any of those falling apart. Just about to order some from Mills myself as the lot that I liberated from the nice BT man have depleted

That's the little beauties, thanks Lurch mate, most of my BT buddies have moved onto other things now, so supplies going low :lol:

The Blue ones are good too, was looking around other sites, I think Egerton may have done them? Not sure though.

Ta mate :)

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I was going to suggest RS Components but I've just looked on their website and they're 4 times the price :o

Looks like I'll get them from Mills in future.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Smarty, I've PM'd you mate :)

Try these at Mills Ltd, or LJD have some 3M ones. Can't see any of those falling apart. Just about to order some from Mills myself as the lot that I liberated from the nice BT man have depleted :(

36084[/snapback]

:!: These are ment for solid core cables. Such what I use for alarm cabling here. These WILL cause you troubles later since they cut in the core so when using multicore cable this type connector will cut outer cores and doesn't actually connect. :!:

*goes to search for good and cheap connectors for multi core cables*

Archived