Security Installer Community

SECURIT 700L FAULT!

Guest colonel_kurtz

Guest colonel_kurtz

Hello all,

Ive been looking around your forum and unfourtanetly have not been able to find the answer to my problem.

So i thought i would just ask. Thanks in Advance for any responses.

I recently moved into new accommodation, which has a securit 700L installed.

The alarm had been working fine everyday for about 5 weeks.

Then on Christmas day i set the alarm left the house, and on return to the house 12hours later, the internal sounder(exiting sound) was still going.

SO the following day i investigated to see if it had been set properly. But it was still doing the same.

I tried doing the walk test, but although the PIR's are sensing me the panel doesnt show/beep them?

AS for the panels the LED's that are lit are MAINS ON 1 panel and MAINS&DAY on the other.

And also at night time the lights are visible on the outside box.

Any ideas???

TIA

Hi , from your post , I assume you have 2 keypads and they are showing different info.If this is the case , I would recommend getting the system checked out , it probably requires a power-down reset ( and probably a battery check ).

Guest colonel_kurtz

Apologies for the previous randomness of the posts.

hopefully the pics are a good reference.

Some answers to your posts.

There is no front door monitor that i can see.

No extra lights are emmited when i start the arming process.

And the two panels are slightly different as you will be able to see from the pics.

hope this will help in narrowing down the fault.

TIA!

Guest Peter James

The attachments dont work, the mc may be flush and painted over so you cant see it.

Open the door put the code in look at the panel.

Is the noise a single tone or a two tone/ intermittant type beep?

Pete

Guest colonel_kurtz

I think the pics must have been too big! ill try and minimise them for posting, but the thing i was trying to show was that the panels were not identical in there manufacture and that only one had a light for DAY.

I just tried the opening the door i had a good look around and i definately cannot see a sensor, also the paint job on the door frame is very old so im sure it would show through, anyways i kept the door open and tried the alarm, no LED's were emmited and the tone was kinda like this:-

"High-pitch beep low-pitch beep high-pitch beep" then a seperate beep then the "High-pitch beep low-pitch beep high-pitch beep" ...etc...

i dont know how easy that was to understand.

Thanks for your help!

Archived