Security Installer Community

Eaton I-on Compact alarm SUPERV FAIL

I have an Eaton I-on compact alarm system. Had it three years and no problems until recently when I had the batteries replaced.

within the last few weeks the alarm has gone off 3 times - all in the small hours of the morning (2AM ish), twice when the alarm was not set with me at home and another time when I was away for the weekend and it was set.

I have had "Call Installer Z002 Superv Fail" when the alarm was not set and "Call Installer Radio SRN 01" when the alarm was set.

The installer came back to me after the first "Z002 Superv Fail". Said the readings from the Z002 Sensor were low at 3 (the other sensors were showing 9). 

I am going to get the installer back to have a look, but my question is if anyone knows the answer - Is there a setting that you can select so when there is a Supervisor fail the main alarm does not trigger, especially when the alarm is not set?

supervision failure means the panel had heard from the sensor for a period of time. This would mean if it needed to transmit an alarm it wouldnt get through and it wouldnt work. You dont want to disable this you want to fix the problem. There will be more info on the siren fault you will need to know this to help diagnose

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 hours ago, dan123456 said:

I have an Eaton I-on compact alarm system. Had it three years and no problems until recently when I had the batteries replaced.

within the last few weeks the alarm has gone off 3 times - all in the small hours of the morning (2AM ish), twice when the alarm was not set with me at home and another time when I was away for the weekend and it was set.

I have had "Call Installer Z002 Superv Fail" when the alarm was not set and "Call Installer Radio SRN 01" when the alarm was set.

The installer came back to me after the first "Z002 Superv Fail". Said the readings from the Z002 Sensor were low at 3 (the other sensors were showing 9). 

I am going to get the installer back to have a look, but my question is if anyone knows the answer - Is there a setting that you can select so when there is a Supervisor fail the main alarm does not trigger, especially when the alarm is not set?

He definitely replaced the batteries in the external bell? Or thought they will be ok

19 hours ago, al-yeti said:

He definitely replaced the batteries in the external bell? Or thought they will be ok

Thanks for your reply, Not 100% sure. I will find out.

Would that cause both the "Z002 Superv fail" and the "Radio SRN 01" errors or just the "Radio SRN01"?

20 hours ago, james.wilson said:

supervision failure means the panel had heard from the sensor for a period of time. This would mean if it needed to transmit an alarm it wouldnt get through and it wouldnt work. You dont want to disable this you want to fix the problem. There will be more info on the siren fault you will need to know this to help diagnose

thanks for your reply. The second message on the siren fault was "SRN01 Superv Fail".

I agree I need to fix this problem, but was wondering if there was a way (even if only temporary) to disable the alarm being triggered for a Superv Fail (not the fault being registered on the panel) as this randomly goes off at 2:00 in the morning and i'm sure my neighbours miss their sleep as much as I do mine!

7 hours ago, dan123456 said:

Thanks for your reply, Not 100% sure. I will find out.

Would that cause both the "Z002 Superv fail" and the "Radio SRN 01" errors or just the "Radio SRN01"?

Could be jamming as JW says 

Cha be the battery in zone 2 

And did he take a ladder up to the bell or he just bell tested the ring?

Anything new installed, wireless doorbell heating controls with batteries?