Security Installer Community

8SP 400 Accenta mini G3 panel

Guest lmcamoes

Guest lmcamoes

Hi

I need some help.

I have the following situation in hands and I do not know what to do:

- 13 PIR "Challenger AD04" installed and each one of them independant wired with a 4 core cable to the same point where the control panel will be installed

- I have a "8SP 400 Accenta mini G3 panel"

What sould I do? wired more than on PIR to the same zone? How do I do this?

Regards

Luis

Not being and expert on the installation side, but being quite good at getting into properties :whistle:

From reading these forums you should have used 6 core as a minimum and preferably 8 core. Ideally you should have one device per zone, although the panel you have chosen will not allow this, unless you group more than one device on a zone( not very flexible) you also have to take into consideration all the equipment connected to the panel and the size of the panels power supply.

Personally from your comments already, you may be a little out your depth with the install, I would reccomend that you have a rethink as to what equipment you wish to use.

Merry Xmas, Santa.

2 problems here.

The first one is that 4 core alarm cable is no good for PIR detectors so that needs replacing with a minimum of 6 core, preferably 8 core to allow for futere repairs\upgrades.

The second one is that ideally you want 1 device per zone to aid fault finding\setting options but you can wire multiple devices per zone.

My advice would be to leave the alarm fitting well alone as it sounds like the panel you need to get the PIRs connected on a one per zone basis with only a 4 core to the detectors is most definitely not a DIY panel.

If you do feel you would like to have someone else in to look at the job post your location and there's a good chance someone on here will be able to help.

Just thought I'd better reiterate what Santa said as you might not believe him!

Guest Peter James
Not being and expert on the installation side, but being quite good at getting into properties :whistle:

From reading these forums you should have used 6 core as a minimum and preferably 8 core. Ideally you should have one device per zone, although the panel you have chosen will not allow this, unless you group more than one device on a zone( not very flexible) you also have to take into consideration all the equipment connected to the panel and the size of the panels power supply.

Personally from your comments already, you may be a little out your depth with the install, I would reccomend that you have a rethink as to what equipment you wish to use.

Merry Xmas, Santa.

35370[/snapback]

Hi Santa

For Xmas can I have a copy of one of your magic keys (I promise not to use it for anything illegal) It would come in handy for our 24hr Locksmith .

I have been a good boy all year. :whistle:

Pete

13 PIR's - sounds like a big property?

Accenta Mini G3 - DIY panel for flats and small houses?

4 core - well you could leave out the tamper on the PIR's I suppose! :!:

Overall sounds like a job for a professional, not someone who is saying:

I do not know what to do

Really you should start again from scratch; new panel new wiring etc. :!: :!:

Dunno about the PIR's - any good anyone? :D

Texecom Premier 24 with expander, End of line all zones, only 4 core needed!!! 1 device per zone.

It'll still be a bit smelly though!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Texecom Premier 24 with expander, End of line all zones, only 4 core needed!!! 1 device per zone.

35393[/snapback]

Yeah, not really a panel for someone who doesn't know what they're doing though.

No offence to lmcamoes, but it doesn't like you really should be doing something of this size.

Guest lmcamoes

Hi,

Thank you for your repplies.

Job done...

13 PIRs, G3panel...

Yes it is a big property...

All wired, with 4 core cable, outside sirene, inseide sirene, 13 PIRs, and panel with 8 zones, only. more tham one PIR in one zone.

All tested, night test, day test, etc...

All working and client happy :D

Thank you

Hello Incamoes.

You have been offered some very good advice (with a bit of jesting thrown in, but I'm sure you can tell which is which) from sincere people many of whom are real experts in the security industry.

Your last posting appears to show that you have chosen to ignore it all, and the response from the experts indicates that they are far from impressed. Indeed they seem sure that you are letting your client down "big time".

If you really think it is:

All working and client happy 
then why not show your client this conversation in full and invite them to comment?

In all sincerity; Please look again at the advice and think hard about your decisions...........

Doubling up all those passives on just 8 zones, and then telling us they are all only fed with 4 core..? So no Tampers or anything.

R U sure the customer is happy...?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Lets hope his horse didn't leave anything on the drive.

Cant see the point of asking for advice and then IGNORING IT ALL.

Rest assured you may think the client is happy, but if the was sold the equipment on your reccomendation, I can only hope he discovers what a pile of rubbish you have installed, its installs like this that get this industry a bad name.

Colin.

Here here, its just downright laziness to fit such an unsuitable panel into such a premises. I only hope the client has enough sense to get the system checked by a professional, who will soon find out it was installed by a complete monkey, then refuse to pay for a pointless and shoddy system.

And YES i am calling YOU a complete MONKEY lmcamoes

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

13 PIRs, G3panel...

All wired, with 4 core cable, outside sirene, inseide sirene, 13 PIRs, and panel with 8 zones, only. more tham one PIR in one zone.

All working and client happy  :D

35551[/snapback]

You mean you aqctually do this for a living, or at least charge people to do it?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...... I'm at a complete loss.

Guest lmcamoes

Thank you for all your comments..... You are very kind and polite.

Before you continue to be rude I would like to say a few things.

I am not a professional and I do not make a living of this.

I was asked by a friend, to finishing the instalation that a cowboy from the "trade" left unfinished.

The cowboy left the system wired with 4 core cable and left the G3 pannel with 8 zones capacity.

Because I thought that 13 PIRs to a 8 zone pannel wasn't good enought I came here o ask advice.

After I read what you said I told my friend that the best think was to change pannel but I asked to someone in the "business" and received the advive that an 8 zone pannel was enought... What could I do...

I decided to tell him that I could not guaranty a good job but he dicided to do it anyway.

So I did it, it is working and he is happy...

Before you start to be rude please try to understand what is going on...

Regards

Luis

Unless ive forgotten how to read, i cannot see any post on here saying that panel you used being ok, noone with even a microscopic knowledge of the industry would recommend fitting a completely unsuitable unit.

As to your comment that a cowboy cabled the system and you were left to pick up the pieces, frankly you may as well have let the cowboy complete the job as it seems your effort has done nothing to improve the quality of the system.

If you came here for advice i cant see why you bothered, as clearly all the advice we gave you was completely ignored and you just went ahead with the job whatever.

If you dont know what you are doing perhaps you should have told your friend to get someone who does instead of digging an even bigger hole for him.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I hope you have not been too offended cameltoe, but the point we are trying to make is that the 'system' you have 'installed' is of very poor quality, probably offers poor protection and will cause lots of problems if and when a fault arises. 'Installs' like this are the ones that give our industry a bad name. You should have informed your friend that by properly re-installing a good system, would cost him less money, time and headaches in the future. Or passed it on to someone reputable that does do it for a living. You should also report the original installer to, hopefully, stop him causing anymore inconvenience.

If you don't know......ask.

The cowboy left the system wired with 4 core cable and left the G3 pannel with 8 zones capacity.

Because I thought that 13 PIRs to a 8 zone pannel wasn't good enought I came here o ask advice.

35572[/snapback]

And the advice was, don't do it, it's a cobbled job. You'd have been better off walking away from it, I would have.

After I read what you said I told my friend that the best think was to change pannel but I asked to someone in the "business" and received the advive that an 8 zone pannel was enought... What could I do...

35572[/snapback]

So, 1 person said do it. Several people here, including Santa, said don't do it. You chose to do it.

I realise you aren't in the trade but that is no excuse for bodging a job together.

What happens in 12 months when the system needs servicing? I'd condemn it if I had to service it.

Sorry, but professional or not, you should have your tools confiscated.

Guest Peter James

I didnt notice anyone being rude (apart from perhaps the cameltoes bit)

But I do see many people after giving good advice getting angry (quite understanderbly) becouse you did not take it.

Whoever it was who told you you could wire the 13 pirs to an 8 zone panel quite obviosly is not in any way trade B.S.4737 states you cannot put more than one non latching device per zone.(anyone in this trade will work to this standard or they are not trade)

And its basic common sense that tells you 13 into 8 wont go, how are you gonna know which detector went off when it goes off falsly? thats if you wired it correctly (If youve wired it wrong then it will need all detectors to activate at the same time before it activates! ive seen it all done)

I hope you have good effecie insurance if your have wired it wrong.

If you dont know what your doing you should not of taken the job on in the 1st place and left it to the pro's.

Pete

Guest IM_Alarms

Can't make a silk purse out of a sows tooth............ or was it sows purse out of a silk ear :D

All Cameltoe has proved is that getting it 'working' is the easy bit, getting the job done professionally is a different chapter. Lets hope his friend shows some kindness when it all starts going wrong.

Archived