Security Installer Community

Advice please...

Garry

Guest Peter James
I'm pretty sure most high end network DVR's like the fast trace can send activations via email or ftp. Seems a bit slow on ISDN though.

35409[/snapback]

Yes but with ISDN the customer has a physical record (via phone bill) of the system reporting the alarm to the ARC/ Guarding Co.

The internet connection can go down service providers can sometimes be as reliable as a DIY alarm system.

And most ARC,s will only support Adpro and wont support anything else.

The cheaper end DVR we use will email you when it detects motion etc but I doubt any ARC's will want to monitor it.

I have been in negotiation with some of the local guarding co's down here for a car body repair shop but I have not yet got a definate yes from any of them.

(one of them will accept Adpro though)

Pete

There are some Police stations that have the passwords to remote monitored sites, but they are usually sites that have a specific importance such as a showground or a known crime location (say, a particular pub), via ADSL of course.

What they do not accept is e-mails, SMS messages or anything similar as they would be swamped with false alerts. What usualy happens is the owner receives the alerts, checks out the problem on his own PC or rings the Police.

Or the Monitoring station does that, assuming they would take that on.

Hiya guys..

Thanks for all your feedback we got the order anyway, I did know you can email pics but what i wasnt sure about was weather the site had to have a u.r.n before the police would monitor it we are using the vass system as we use this a lot and its very good.

http://www.visionadvance.com/content/eng/index.htm

Thank you for all your replys and I hope Santa visits you all and brings you some nice presents also thanks Rich for your p.m.....

Merry Xmas...

Garry

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Archived