Security Installer Community

Galaxy RSS config tool WIN 11 USB Port not seen issue

SecJohn

Hi

Galaxy dimension.  Using RSS Config tool, on a win11 machine.  Go to set up the com port in the communications settings and it does not see my coms port...   I just get lines in and clicking on the drop down shows no other coms port available.  I look in device manager and the USB coms port shows up working okay.

RSS tool Version is 3.62.001.

Anyone else using win 11?  Do you have any issues?  What USB rs232 lead are you using?

Cheers

Jon

2 hours ago, SecJohn said:

Hi

Galaxy dimension.  Using RSS Config tool, on a win11 machine.  Go to set up the com port in the communications settings and it does not see my coms port...   I just get lines in and clicking on the drop down shows no other coms port available.  I look in device manager and the USB coms port shows up working okay.

RSS tool Version is 3.62.001.

Anyone else using win 11?  Do you have any issues?  What USB rs232 lead are you using?

Cheers

Jon

This happened on windows 10 aswell , you need to mess about with drivers and windows settings , I don't really know why it happened to me but flaffed around and got into work in the past

So glad I don't have to use RSS anymore 

• 1 month later...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084RJWXMK

This one works for sure with win11 with no issues at all, Also, it has a blue LED on the connector, very cool.

Best if you force this controller to be COM1 in Device Manager. It's possible this one will be selected automatically in RSS.

• Right-click on the USB to Serial device >> Properties
  • Port Settings tab >> Advanced..
  • COM Port number (dropdown) select > COM1
  • If COM1 is in use but invisible, then on the Device Manager main menu click View > Show hidden devices.
  • Select a greyed-out device with the COM1 and delete it. Then repeat the steps above.
Edited by Cieska