Security Installer Community

Chubb/Guardall PX48i and Chubb Delta 7 bell box wiring help please

MattH

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the suggested wiring MrHappy - finally had the chance to try it today...

Initially it didn't work, but after I connected COM to positive rather than negative the sounder now works as it should.

No joy with the strobe though.  The only time the strobe flashes is for about 10 seconds after the alarm sets, but it doesn't then flash when the alarm is triggered and the siren is sounding.

For some reason there's a trigger from STB in the panel for those ten seconds after the alarm is set, but it doesn't happen when the alarm is triggered, if that makes sense.

Any thoughts?  If it's any help I looked at the back of the PCB of the bell box and it is manufactured by Elmdene...

Cheers

Matt

It's possible.  I only know that the panel was installed by Chubb in 2010, and they connected it to the existing 1988 bell box.

Looking in the old bell box, the strobe is actually standalone, and wired directly to the panel across STB and positive.

I'll have another play with it later on.

Got there in the end!

You were right that COM needed to be negative, however HOFF then needed to be connected to NC rather than NO.

Strobe also working when connected to NC.  Don't know if it will carry on flashing after an alarm but I can live with that.  Not sure why the connection in the panel marked strobe behaves as it does but not any use with this bell box.

Many thanks again for your help, MrHappy ? .  I don't think I'd have got there without the pointer.

Cheers

Matt

IMG_2929.jpg

Yeah, picking this up as I go along, but that was my reckoning too when measuring the voltage across positive and NC/NO when set vs triggered with com to negative.  Ignore the wire colours as is the cat5 I used to bench test but here's a pic of each end and working...

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg