Security Installer Community

ARC Notification on Zone Active when disarmed

jkno

I'm running a Texecom Premier Elite 24 that I've had installed for 9 years and it's been a brilliant setup (apart from the occasional spider induced FA or washing setting off external sensors).

I'm aiming for a configuration on one of the zones that I'm not sure is possible or requires some left field thinking with the ARC notifications on the COM-IP module. The alarm is currently setup and functioning exactly as intended with push and email notifications to myself via the ARC. What I'm after is a zone active notification when the alarm is unarmed on a specific zone.

The zone (garage) has a duel tech PIR: I want to be notified when the zone is activated in both an armed and unarmed state; but to only trigger the alarm itself from an armed state. I considered setting it up as Area B that is currently not in use, but I can guarantee I'd set it off by forgetting.

The best I've got at the moment is enabling chime 3 on the zone.

Is what I'm aiming for even possible? 

I’ll need to check in the morning how the com-ip is setup.

I haven’t touched it for 9 years (it’s nice when things just work)

Would zone mimic be via a custom output? I’ve got system outputs configured for sound bombs and I’m confident on the general premise. It’s getting a distinguishable message sent when it’s activated that I’m drawing a blank.

It's an output type, there are loads of output types and combinations could be used with custom outputs if that's what you need.

Also...

Your lucky to not have an issue if you haven't touched anything, systems need maintenance to ensure reliability.

Soundbombs are horrid things not fit for a proper system IMO.

It’s been expanded, had panel/sounder battery replacements and a new PSU over the years but that’s part of general maintenance. I just haven’t touched the com-ip since.

The sound bomb is pretty pathetic but to create a decent amount of deterring noise inside a small space (garage) while the main sounder is doing it’s job, it’s one more thing to deter; a master blaster is overkill for this and it would be me or the other half that would be on the end of it than a would be thief. I’ve not seen any alternatives such as a mini sounder.

The sound bomb is on one of the outputs. For the config I’m looking at it’s purely notification of the garage being opened when we’re in the house and the alarm is unset. 

The ideal/long term is a roller shutter door, set the garage to Area B and use an output to prevent the door being opened without unsetting the alarm to prevent FA. But for now, just knowing the sensors has been triggered beyond chime is the next best option.

If you just need a local alert then Zone Mimic or Mimic Latch will do what it required, Com-IP is for remote signals.

You can invent any clever way to enable/disable this, custom outputs and a code, hidden switch, toggling relay, etc.

I have done similar on other panels, strobe to indicate a shutter/door is open for example.

4 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If you just need a local alert then Zone Mimic or Mimic Latch will do what it required, Com-IP is for remote signals.

You can invent any clever way to enable/disable this, custom outputs and a code, hidden switch, toggling relay, etc.

I have done similar on other panels, strobe to indicate a shutter/door is open for example.

This is the bit where I'm struggling. Mimic is perfect in terms of the scenario (and it would be easy to trigger a physical output), but I can't work out how to turn the Mimic into a reported com via the COM-IP/ARC (Configured using SIA codes). Without the 24 hour or using AreaB (separate arm/disarm) I can't figure out how to get the alarm to communicate zone active.