Security Installer Community

HOCHIKI to PAXTON link

On 05/04/2023 at 13:12, sixwheeledbeast said:

It's usually down to who controls what tho.

Who will commission the fire etc.

I would always expect one for one unless told and confirmed in writing otherwise.

You want to minimise the length of the runs from the fire system and also minimise failures if there is an issue with the loop.

So better for the fire maintainer to provide the outputs and door man does the rest right ?

On 07/04/2023 at 00:28, james.wilson said:

Hang on Al

Its a requirement that the fire alarm drops the lock. The only way to achieve that is the lock supply being dropped locally per door

I just wondered how complicated this would get if two different maintainers....

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2023 at 17:26, David Walsh said:

Hi guys. 

I have 4 hochiki IO’s for my 12 door net 2 paxton access control units. Any idea if I need 1 IO for each door controller (1 door in 1 controller btw) or is there any other way of wiring them? Many thanks! 

Hi, to answer your question, yes you can double them up if you don't have enough relays to do all the doors, as long as your doors are all the same, i.e C/NC or C/NO, all its looking for is a fire signal, so if they are doubled up and the fire alarm goes off it will drop the doors, it is always better to have separate interfaces for each set of doors though but if you can't achieve that then this is the next best thing.