Security Installer Community

Redcare

Lectrician

Is redcare compatible on ISDN or ADSL lines??

What exactly is redcare?? I have seen it alot, but being a spark, have no idea who monitors it, or how it monitors the line.

Just interested really, as I saw a redcare box plugged into a socket, with a normal phone then plugged into that. Kind of like a broadband microfilter, but larger.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Just interested really, as I saw a redcare box plugged into a socket, with a normal phone then plugged into that.  Kind of like a broadband microfilter, but larger.

34079[/snapback]

Sounds like what you have seen is a redabc sender unit now redundant. They were only used in some areas of the country. It works a bit like redcare but sent signals direct to police control rooms.

Trade Member

Sounds like what you have seen is a redabc sender unit now redundant. They were only used in some areas of the country. It works a bit like redcare but sent signals direct to police control rooms.

34096[/snapback]

Im unsure.....It was installed last week :huh:

No its a device for allowing a fax to be plugged in, its called an MCD, and allows modems to be used on the red line.

34125[/snapback]

That makes sense, it was a pdq plugged into it actually. Would a phone need to be plugged in through that aswell? Does redcare monitor the line for breaks then?? What is it looking for when it is monitoring, the alarm or the master socket?? Would they know instantly If you disconnected the line??

Archived