Security Installer Community

scantronic 9800

Guest guest ed

• 3 weeks later...
Guest omega015

i have a scantronic 9800 alarm in my house that i have moved into and all the wiring has been taken out, i have the manual but wondered if anyone could help me a little as i have followed the manual but something just isnt right. i think it may lie with the wiring on the pcb. i would appreciate if someone out there could help as i would like this bit of added protection.

Michael.

i have a scantronic 9800 alarm in my house that i have moved into and all the wiring has been taken out, i have the manual but wondered if anyone could help me a little as i have followed the manual but something just isnt right. i think it may lie with the wiring on the pcb. i would appreciate if someone out there could help as i would like this bit of added protection.

Michael.

36265[/snapback]

I assume you have rewired it then?

You'll have to be a bit more specific with the problem you are having. The scantronic manual doesn't lie!! If you don't feel you are confident to ensure the correct installation and operation of your alarm, then please get someone who does to help. Ring some local companies from the yellow pages and/or post your location here. :)

If you don't know......ask.

Guest omega015

i have tried with the bare minimum connected and reset the nvm and after about 1 minute or so the keypad makes a dull noise then like resets n locks out of anything except noises when presssed

You sound like you were having trouble with connections. Are you sure everything is connected properly? Is the keypad addressed correctly with the dip switches at the back? Are you sure you have cleared the NVM properly? This may not be neccessary, but are you powering up with all the tamper connections closed?

Guest omega015

yes all tamper switches closed, i did the nvm refresh as stated in the installation manual and i get to the engineer setup bit and i seem to loose control of the keypad and settings.

From the little info we have to go on, I reckon it may be something with your keypad wiring. What are the colours/terminals you have used?

P.S Just realised I misunderstood what you said about "i think it may lie with the wiring on the pcb"......ooops! :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DeltaZX
Hi it`s a  basic set up only 3 sensors the trouble is when i open a circuit the panel does not sense it even if i open a spare loop in panel nothing happens, i`ve been through the entire re-programming sequence (engineer mode) even reset the chip all goes well until you open a circuit .........nothing !???    any help would be appreciated cheers.

33969[/snapback]

Hi there, I had similiar probs when installing a scantronic last year... i had exactly the same prob because i was using a certain type of PIR sensor - i was using what I call 'silent relay' sensors, where you can hear no clicking at all from them as they activate.... when I changed the sonsors for other more modern types which gave a definative click when activated, this cleared up the problem! I don't know whether this is right in your case, just a suggestion....

Guest Flop

Anyone knows where can i get installation manual for the old 9800 ?

I see on the Scantronic site that you need to be registered with them in order to

get this manual and i have a problem with that.

Thanks in advance!

Archived