Security Installer Community

Help Please....Scantronic 9800

Guest pedromac

Guest pedromac

Hello All,

I have a 9800 keypad which is working fine but I wish to move the keypad. When I disconnect all power the outside siren goes off so I want to switch the outside siren duration to NIL whilst I move the keypad. I have the engineers code but when I try to enter engineer mode according to the instructions ie enter the engineer code prefixed by zero and then open the main case all hell breaks loose until I put my personal code in. Then I am still in DAY mode. Am I missing something simple? After I put the engineer code in do I have to push anything else? Thanks,

Pete.

Changing the bell time to NIL will still have no effect if you completly down power the panel. The SAB (Self Activating Bell) module, will cause the siren to sound as the panel is not supplying power to it.

You have a couple of choices:-

1. Put up with the siren sounding whilst you move the keypad.

2. Move the keypad 'live' cutting each wire in the keypad individually and reconnecting them individually. - Be careful not to short any out.

3. Climb up to the outside siren and dis-connect the battery, until you have done the work.

4. Connect the bell hold off wires (observing polarity) to the battery whilst you do the work.

Let us know how you get on.

Trade Member

Yeah if you can get into Engineer mode it should enable you to do as you wish without creating tamper faults while your doing it, but be careful not to short any wires when moving the keypad.

Use "0 ****" .... ****=ENGINEER CODE, To access Engineer mode.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

And are you sure you have the correct enginner code? When you press 0 then the code, does the panel beep at you every second or so and one of the red lights flash on the keypad? If no then it aint the right code.

egg03064.gif

Guest pedromac

Thanks folks for all your input!!!!!

I ended up doing it live as suggested being very careful not to short anything. I also discovered that the tamper on the keypad only sets off my internal sirens if the alarm is not set. I just unplugged the speaker and did the whole job in silence.

Again Many Thanks,

Pete.

Archived