Security Installer Community

Intellisense Securit 800L query ( after power failure )

36 minutes ago, steviesearsringing said:

The alarm in the workshop is a different unit entirely, more modern.

And entire property is fed from the same single phase supply. And yes, there is only the one 1A fuse on the PCB.

The alarm is working for now, just this little annoyance, not a big deal really. And this is what I shall be doing.

TBH, It was only middle of last year I discovered they were actually paying someone annually for the alarm as I've taken over looking after a lot of stuff for my Dad after my Mum died in May.

I could have bought a few top end alarms for what they've been paying over the 20 or so years they lived at the house. But it is what it is, time to move on. Thanks

They would have been offered an upgrade by most over the years , but sadly most don't want to pay for it 

Instead they pay over the years and then the standard comment comes out ,cof how much they been paying over the years could have bought them lots of alarms

Reality check, it's been working for years because they have been paying someone to maintain it , and they can't fix it without you upgrading 

Pay for a new alarm simple.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviesearsringing said:

I could have bought a few top end alarms for what they've been paying over the 20 or so years they lived at the house.

yes you could, however lets say £100 per yr ?

let say the visit costs £50, 1 man 1 hour of travelling & on site time , 30mins of admin time, including a vehicle NI pension & all that stuff

that's less than £1 a week to provide a 365 day 24hr service, with out maintenance in place you'll be unlikely to find anyone who'll want to repair an alarm at short notice or out of hours

you may find that having the alarm maintained is a requirement of dad's contents insurance, I'd advise checking the policy before making changes

however if you don't want it don't have it, well your dad will have to inform the provider in writing ...

• Upvote 3

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God