Security Installer Community

Aritech CS350 - "Cabinet Tamper" error after battery change

Hi all

Have recently changed the battery in my Aritech CS350 after a low battery warning. All seemed fine.

Managed to set the alarm successfully once after so all good. Then the next time i try it wont let me, once it is about to arm it says "Cabinet Tamper". Also get the same when i press the down arrows twice to look at open zones, the same "Cabinet Tamper" message

The only thing i have done is open the box and change the battery - thinking the issue could be the tamper spring inside but when putting the panel back on i was careful to make sure it 'clicked' back back in and the lid is securely screwed. So am fairly sure the spring is in the right position

Any ideas what could be causing it?  I have opened the box twice now and screwed it back on carefully and made sure the spring is 'in' (put some blueback on it even so it grips the lid as it goes on)

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

tamper is probably on engineer reset ? 

Not if he was able to set it afterwards.

OP

You could try stretching the spring a little see if that fixes it, if it doesnt the switch is knackered

Am away for a few days (not great timing!) so when back am going to try opening the panel and manually pressing down the spring to see if that helps 

Also curious about the engineer reset option. I have had a look at the manual but is Greek to me - how would I go about that?