Security Installer Community

Domestic system

Rich

Hi Guys

I need some help please.

I am wanitng to install a 4 camera domestic system, so need 4 external cameras around 4mm, Vari would be good and obviously weatherproof and a DVR that can be accessed over the network via a home pc.

Can anyone reccomend a good quality reliable networkable DVR and some external cameras for Domestic use.

If you want something at a reasonable price i would suggest 4 day/night bullet cameras such as the likes at Dynamic CCTV.

As for the DVR the videoswitch compact is a very good piece of kit for the price, if you want cheaper than about 1k then your looking at the cheaper models they do.

Has anyone used any of Hunt's equipment? They got reviewed in security installer with so-so results, but I'm pretty sure they were retailing from £500 upwards depending on spec. I think a 4way networkable was around £600. Hunt 4 Way DVR

I'd be interested to know if anyone can vouch for their quality. Why don't you experiment with them Rich, and let us know!!!

:lol::)

If you don't know......ask.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Im looking at around £1500 for equipment, but as its not for me I dont really want to experiment with new equipment.

Will look into those bits Ian, thanks.

I will let you know what I find, in the meantime keep the reccomendations coming in.

I think you may struggle to get what you wany for that price.

32926[/snapback]

NO NO absolutly not!

For £1500 you get a very reasonable set up for yourself.

Even if you have to use Dynamics 9 channel DVR your going to be well under that price. Using the Videoswitch DVR would bring it in at around that at cost. VAT and install would shoot it right over of course.

I can supply the Hunt stuff, which never seems to give me any problems. As I buy in bulk I am cheaper than the Hunt price list as well. Have a look at the web site www.securityinstore.com and see what you think. Depending what results you are after, £1500 will get you a perfectly servicable and reliable system, but please, do not go Plug-and-Play! I can supply the bits and advise on how to install it etc, or there are planty of blokes on here happy to install I am sure.

I can supply the Hunt stuff, which never seems to give me any problems. As I buy in bulk I am cheaper than the Hunt price list as well. Have a look at the web site www.securityinstore.com and see what you think. Depending what results you are after, £1500 will get you a perfectly servicable and reliable system, but please, do not go Plug-and-Play! I can supply the bits and advise on how to install it etc, or there are planty of blokes on here happy to install I am sure.

33153[/snapback]

Ok Paul, I want 4 varifocal external cameras and a DVR with motion detection and 25fps per camera, that can be connected to a network and accessed via a win XP pc, so no monitor as the DVR is to be locked away in a loft.

Plus a power supply for the cameras or 4 individual psu's

I will be installing it myself and using bnc connections.

Archived