Security Installer Community

Optex

We have just moved from the OPTEX RX-40QZ we had these screen-printed with our logo and Optex insist on a thousand-detector quantity. I can honestly say I have only replaced 2. We have now moved on to the PYRONIX KX range yes the one with the blue led. Now these are screen printed in much smaller quantities and the EOL selector is a dream (all installs will be EOL after Oct 05). Another plus is that all the detectors in the range share a common housing so changing detectors (PIR to D/T) and stock orders are simple.

Jef

Customers!

/guilty on

the new quad from pyronix, the one with the blue LED, bullet proof housing and jumpers for EOL.

/guilty off

33021[/snapback]

Bullet proof hey?!? - Handy for liverpool where me is from me thinks! - blue LED - might scare the chavs off- they'll think its the plod come to get 'em LOL :lol::P

blue LED - might scare the chavs off- they'll think its the plod come to get 'em LOL  :lol:  :P

33065[/snapback]

Nah. They'll be nicking the LED out of 'em to put underneath their modded Vauxhall Novas :D It'll be strobe lights next :whistle:

Trade Member

I love rx-40s I have the pet ones in my house never given me any calls (touch wood) and the best thing about rx 40 is you can turn the board upside down to replace the ex-35 the hole is even there for the screw...... :yes:

Garry

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Guest MKAlarms
(all installs will be EOL after Oct 05).

33024[/snapback]

Only Grade 3 installs will have to be EOL, for Grade 2 double pole is fine.

I don't think the KX detectors are Grade 3 either (no anti masking).

How have you found them? I know they recalled loads but don't know why.

(We saw some very badly moulded lenses and heard they were easily triggered by mobile phones.)

MikeR

Only Grade 3 installs will have to be EOL, for Grade 2 double pole is fine.

I don't think the KX detectors are Grade 3 either (no anti masking).

How have you found them? I know they recalled loads but don't know why.

33142[/snapback]

Mike sorry have said so many times "we only install monitored alarm" i sometimes forget others dont. The anti mask is being tested but not on general sale. As for the recall, yes this is correct, there was a problem with the lens and PYRONIX have remedied this. We have installed only 200 units so far so its to early to compare against the RX 40 but the idea is good and so far we have no worrys.

jef

Customers!

Guest MKAlarms
Mike sorry have said so many times "we only install monitored alarm" i sometimes forget others dont. jef

33149[/snapback]

Hi Jef,

Monitored alarms don't have to be grade 3 though, they can be grade 2. My understanding is that grade 3 is only for higher risk installations. Were you thinking of standardising on grade 3? (I think grade 3 does not allow fast format.)

MikeR

Hi Jef,

Monitored alarms don't have to be grade 3 though, they can be grade 2. My understanding is that grade 3 is only for higher risk installations. Were you thinking of standardising on grade 3? (I think grade 3 does not allow fast format.)

MikeR

33157[/snapback]

You know Mike its got to be my age we only install Point ID even when redCare is there. We prefer secondary signalling using GSM "NOT CSL" it wont do Point ID. In fact our NSI inspector thinks EN 501 will be a dodle for us as we already do: the Risk Ass. The EOL. The encripted coms. The system status. The remote servis (schh). Ive been beeting a drum for so long on how we do alarms i took it for granted everyone already knew what i was on about.

Jef

Customers!

Archived