Security Installer Community

JSB Regent 8 Zone Panel

Guest Patmitch

Your requesting defaulting information on the forum, that is against the rules.

Your best option is to get an engineer to default your system and reprogram it to suit your needs, please also remember that in some cases the method uused for defaulting a panel if incorrectly done, can render a panel totally useless.

Please make no further requests for this information on these forums.

Many thanks to all who have posted usefull advice. I will have to either get an "engineer" in, or just not bother with an alarm at all.

Thanks

Tom

Many thanks to all who have posted usefull advice. I will have to either get an "engineer" in, or just not bother with an alarm at all.

Thanks

Tom

From what you've said you're getting the fire alarms done (no choice on that anyway). Many firms do both security and fire, so at least you may save a call-out or perhaps get a better deal?

Just no pleasing some people

is that directed at me ?

I'm not sure what you mean.

I came here and requested some information, I've been told I cant have that information as its against forum rules. There have been some usefull posts in the meantime, so I've thanked those who have given any usefull information such as -

"in some cases the method uused for defaulting a panel if incorrectly done, can render a panel totally useless."

"You should check with your insurers what the position is regarding an alarm that is NOT professionally installed and maintained."

"resetting it will probably lose all the programming so you'll have to start again from scratch"

I'd say these are fairly obvous, but are things to keep in mind.

I will see if I can get an alarm engineer to reset the system, but I've spoken to 2, both think there is no way to reset this system without the engineer code, so have advised that we'll need a new system. My other alternative is to not have an alarm, but when I get a chance build our own - as a company we design and build embedded systems, and have made many systems for fire, security and access control companies in the past.

Thanks

Tom

From what you've said you're getting the fire alarms done (no choice on that anyway). Many firms do both security and fire, so at least you may save a call-out or perhaps get a better deal?

yes - fire is being done by a company who we often work with. They dont do security though, they mainly specalise in gas/sprinkler fire systems.

Tom, was not aimed directly at you just a passingh comment

the company i work for deal with Fire and Intruder alarm systems and cover essex please pm me with contact details and we maybe able to help you

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

well, maybe

&

for peice of mind, a proper one with dual signaling, get raided & it don't work your insurer would sue the provider

yours speech dialer? you can turn up to "police" you own system & get a good kicking :whistle:

thats what the CCTV is for ! I can login from home, see exactly whats going on without being here. Not sure being raided would be much of a problem either, theres not a great deal to steal, data is our top priority, and thats all held off-site.

thats what the CCTV is for ! I can login from home, see exactly whats going on without being here. Not sure being raided would be much of a problem either, theres not a great deal to steal, data is our top priority, and thats all held off-site.

very prudent steps imo, also a voice dialer could call a warden service keeping you and your staff safe

some cctv kit will text/email you if it detects movement within a camera's view (as programmed), so if you feel you don't actually need an a alarm system and due ramiications of not setting it that may be another option.

remote viewing has advantages of checking staff are not playing cards on double bubble over a wekend while your off site, but will be more expensive than a reasonable alarm system

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

sat quietly smiling at this so far

care to name one of these firms you`ve made embedded systems for ? surely theres your answer, or did you expect them to pay for your knowledge, skill and reputation without expecting you to return the favour?

Archived