Security Installer Community

ARC remote monitoring

Jim1956

We have used RVR not very good but Yeoman were okay. Qvis were a box shifting company 15 years ago that branched out into CCTV and then started their own CCTV monitoring about five years ago. We purchase from them but I am not sure that we would trust them enough for monitoring CCTV just yet. I could be very wrong but my experience of their transformation from box shifter to CCTV trade sales put me off.

Thanks Peter,

I am actively looking for a decent 3rd party provider who will be proactive in their approach.  In the past, I have had good and bad experiences with remote monitoring but the tendency seems to be that all of them can change over time.

I have seen a fair few come and go over the years Sectron was my favourite, when I was an engineer. I think it is down to what you are used too and expect in a lot of cases. We used to use EMCS and Yeoman but found EMCS more problematic. I know others that swear by EMCS. RVR are an off shoot of Custodian I know people that swear by Custodian I always found them harder work than they needed to be, and RVR as a monitoring co the operators were rubbish, the rep was fantastic though, really knew his stuff deserved to be working for a company that used decent staff.