Security Installer Community

Sitting PIR's

jb-eye

I think that this white light and car lights problem is hardly relevant to any detector made in the last 10 years, they all have white light filtering as standard now. It shouldn`t be a problem.

29186[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly (and I suspect that you fitted a few of the early Medusa's in your youth?!)

Sometimes it is not possible to site a detector in a room where it DOESNT look at a window, it is considered bad practice, but most modern temperature sensing target PIRS can cope quite well.

As stated earlier though, really the PIR should "look" back into the room not out of it LOL

PIR's should cover the point/points of entry

:blink:

29256[/snapback]

yes we know this - but it doesnt mean thay have to face a window - they can be sited in the corner near the window so as someone steps through it picks them up - a pir doesnt have to look at the window to acheive this.

Ok, so you have a rectangle dining room with patio doors to the rear. Which corner would you site it?

I'd site it facing the patio, opppsite. If the internal door was on the side wall, I'd site in the opposite corner to that too.

If you don't know......ask.

personally I'd site it where it was most likely to pick up someone moving between points of entry/exit.

wiring is also a major consideration, expecially in domestics where all wiring must be hidden.

Jeff.....now youre posting early.

29221[/snapback]

Rich

i was embaresed asking this question cos i fought folk wud fink im stupid, but someone posted the window thing the other day and i noticed a quote on a drawing on the desk today which had a 2nd floor offices with all detectors facing the windows, anyway i said "you cant do that" and was told i was talking rubish. I WAS

Did you see the trouble after the game yesterday (rants and raves) when will i learn to keep it shut.

Jef

Customers!

Guest mike2004

Jef,

I think it was me that posted the original question you're talking about, in another topic...

After reading the replies to your question I'm a bit more confused, as I'd almost abandoned my plans to face a couple of PIRs at windows. But if it doesn't really matter. then it was make things much easier for me in terms of concealing wiring.

The PIRs I've got are Texecom Reflexes. I know they're pretty basic, but I think they have white light filtering.

Does anyone think there will be a problem with this?

Mike

Archived