Security Installer Community

gardtech 300/500/360/580

Guest john whittlestone

Guest john whittlestone

Can anyone please help. My mothers alarm panel developed a fault. She has been told by the manufacturer that the only way to reset it is with the master code and they won't give her it. The engineer wants £75 plus vat. Is this legit? Is there a way round this?

Thanks

John W

Guest Adrian

B) Hi John

That price is not to bad, the company I work for charge that plus parts and labour on top and VAT.

It would be a good idea to tell the company the model of the panel befor you get them out, Theres nothing worse than some engineer getting there and then telling you he knows nothing about them and at worst never seen one before.

At best if he knows what it is he can hopfully bring an engineers manuel with him if needed.

But we are getting ahead of ourselfs here why don't you tell us what has happend, What you have done so far, and any lights or messages that are displayed.

I promise you someone on here should be able to help you to some extent. What area do you live in? (do not put your address at this time!)

Have a good look around the forum your problem may have already been answered.

Adrian B)

Guest john whittlestone

Thanks for the reply. Thats £75 just for the number!

Unable to actually identify the alarm but it is a Gardtec 300/500 user manual and the system has 7 zones.

The alarm developed a fault and a local electrician came out to look at it. He replaced the faulty PIR but when he came to reset the panel it is showing a horizontal and vertical bar, could be a lowercase t with one led segment missing. The electrician said that we needed the master code. Gardtec say our engineer should have given us it. The engineer wants more money.

Thanks

John W

Yorkshire

You can reset the Master code fairly simply if its the 580, does it have a sloping front panel with a 2 digit LED display....?

When unset does it normally display "U" or "Un" ??

The "t" means there is a Tamper Fault, which the Electrician must have caused when he changed the detector for you, and being as he caused the fault it should really be upto him to correct it.

Saying that you should know your master code, have you tried entering "0" then your mothers code..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Small panel 6" by 4", two digit led display at top, all wires enter at bottom.

No identifying marks whatsoever, main box is in loft. Sorry to be so useless.

The engineer mentioned anti-code at one point.

Not much help I know.

John W

Thanks so far. I am going to have to come back to you as I'm 100 miles away from the alarm and it's getting a little too involved now. Can I start again when I have all the info?

cheers

John W

No problem John, when your Ready.

Either of the above instructions will work just fine, and should only take a few minutes to complete.

Method 1 for both units is especially easy.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Adrian

B) God this forum is good!

What did I say John, someone would help. and you got one of the best this time round.

Adrian B)

Ps Dave the cheq is in the post! Thanks cheers

Archived