Security Installer Community

Flush contact grade 3 for aluminium door

Gouni

Just because it has a high number (In comparison to G1 G2) its not necessarily the best, fitting G3 in many cases makes the system less reliable. G3 contacts are sided and are much less forgiving when you mount them the alignment and gaps have to be much tighter.

What's the risk?

• Upvote 1

I plan to fit premier elite 48 panel with AMDT and AMQD pirs. All I am missing are door contacts. I need one for wooden front door (inside an enclosed porch, one side entry aluminium door, one rear aluminium slider and possibly one roller shutter contact. What do you suggest?

By the way the aluminium stuff is all dark grey and I would prefer to flush mount rather than surface mount. About to start construction / renovation so am getting ready. Looking to gather as much advice / info as possible before I embark on my new adventure....

Are you likely to be targetted by professional burglars? When I say professional I mean burglars that will try to circumvent your alarm system before breaking in? If you are you should not be Diying, you need proper monitoring for starters. If your not, then swerve G3 especially with door contacts.  If your fitting G3 everyday and you know what your doing with them they hardly ever become a problem, I say hardly ever but we attend to far more g3 contacts that go wrong than g2.

If your risk is average G2 is the one you want,  Anti Mask is fine for pubs or buildings open to the public, but think about it, how is any burglar gonna get in your house whilst the alarm is unset and mask all your detectors without you noticing? 

8 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

G2 Knight Security, CQR,  or Elmdean there isnt a good or bad brand of door contact just make sure you get the ones with the correct EOL's for your brand of panel.

http://www.knightfireandsecurity.com/catalogue.asp?id=4

Thanks for the advice. Any particular type better for the doors I have? Or is it just a size that best fits the aluminium profile. I have also read somewhere to be careful of contacts on outward opening doors (which one of them will be.

Thanks again ;)

Really you need advice from an engineer on that. I havent installed a door contact for about 15 years, I employ a bunch of engineers that do that sort of thing. I am sure there will be one along sooner or later I cant believe I am the only one thats commented so far