Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 44 - Adding 3rd Keypad

Dear All

I currently have a Galaxy G2 44 fitted in my house. I have two keypads installed, currently in a parallel (star config?)  from the control panel ie Each has a 680ohm resistor across the AB line and the control panel jumper is disconnected. I would now like to add a 3rd proxy keypad.

Can somebody please let me know: Can I just add the new keypad in parallel as well with 680ohm across the AB or do I have to wire it up from one of the existing keypads.

When I tried to wire 3 keypads previously (about a year ago when we bought the house) I think one of the fuses blew and all the keypads lost power. I did not connect the 3rd keypad after replacing the fuse, however there is now a requirement for it. Could I be pulling two much power from the panel - there are several devices connected to the bus: 2 x RF portals, 5 x PIR, 2 x keypads, but I thought I could connect up to 4 keypads without any problem.

I'd be most grateful if somebody could confirm the wiring configuration for the new keypad for me.

Thanks

As above , but you can star it no problem and put a resistor on at "each" end of line 

If you blew a fuse you must have shorted something not because of an overload , the connections on the g2 can be tricky for some ,xso look carefully when your doing it and power down if possible , your bell may go nuts while doing it of course

Thanks sixwheeledbeast.

So to clarify,  I would have to add the new keypad in serial with an existing one (ensuring only one termination resistor is at the end of this bus), and the other keypad would be unchanged terminating the other end of the bus.

Thanks al-yeti

You replied while I was responding to sixwheeled beast. Please ignore the above comments I made. Based on your reply:

I don't have to add the new keypad in serial with an existing one.  I can in fact wire in star config as I tried before with a resistor at each end (and I can do this for all 4 keypads if required). I'll do it without "fat fingers" this time I guess. Is it best to power down as you suggested or can I do it in engineer mode?

Thanks again.

Engineer mode won't help you with short circuits , and as above you can do serial as said with last one being terminated , and also do star config 

You will have ti make sure you address everything carefully , big house ? To rf portals?