Security Installer Community

Sensor Placement Plan

Hi guys,

Due to get the keys to my new place next week and have finished programming my wireless system. Just looking for some advice on my plan now. Is the below OK or would you move things around?

P = PIR Unit and C = Magnetic Door Contact.

Any comments & advice most appreciated.

Thanks

v2ya87.jpg

9 hours ago, Derboy said:

Or how about this?

qrztzc.jpg

This one better , but as DD says forget the internal door and put that sensor on another window somewhere 

Any flats roofs accessible near windows ?

Thanks for the feedback guys. The Contact switch on the utility room leading out to the garage is a lockable external grade door rather than a standard internal.

That being the case, would you remove or keep it in place?

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

I wouldn't put contacts on internal doors unless lockable or sprung shut (unlikely on a domestic)

Do you have anything upstairs at all?

Haven't put anything upstairs. Was thinking about putting a PIR in the upper landing but there's no real access to upstairs windows unless someone brought a ladder. What's your thoughts on this?

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated. 

Edited by Derboy

I didn't realise that was a garage - seems obvious now, so yes to the ped. door contact and no to any PIRs (DT's or contacts would be much better)

Whilst probably insulated, I assume the garage is effectively unheated and not 100% sealed so PIRs would not be a great choice.

I would always put at least one PIR upstairs myself otherwise you could one day kick yourself, esp. on a domestic which I assume is 'bells only'.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

3 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I didn't realise that was a garage - seems obvious now, so yes to the ped. door contact and no to any PIRs (DT's or contacts would be much better)

Whilst probably insulated, I assume the garage is effectively unheated and not 100% sealed so PIRs would not be a great choice.

I would always put at least one PIR upstairs myself otherwise you could one day kick yourself, esp. on a domestic which I assume is 'bells only'.

Yeah. I suppose you're right. For the sake of the cost of an extra PIR...

If I do put one on the landing upstairs I'll need to get my head round the programming for that. It's a Pyronix Enforcer I'm using. I assume that all inputs are set up on ABCD and then everything set up on B minus the upstairs PIR for bedset?

On 19 May 2016 at 3:06 PM, Derboy said:

If I do put one on the landing upstairs I'll need to get my head round the programming for that. It's a Pyronix Enforcer I'm using. I assume that all inputs are set up on ABCD and then everything set up on B minus the upstairs PIR for bedset?

Ignore this. I sussed it out.