Security Installer Community

Optima Compact Problem (Head Scratching!)

bruceyc

I agree - and thought the same thing, but I am pretty handy and convinced it's wired right.

After all it's hard to wire a staple, a door sensor and a PIR wrongly!

I also find the other forum link very interesting - it's EXACTLY the same issue.

Also - it works fine using just 2 zones and the door sensors in series as the entry which tells me that everything is working ok.

It's bizarre.

ANy chance you could check with Honeywell and see what they say?

Edited by bruceyc

But I can't have. :X

That wouldn't contunually trigger another used circuit whenever zone 2 was triggered would it??

Zone 2 is just a PIR. Zone 1 is just a magnetic door switch. Zone 3 had a staple in it.

Zone 2 triggering made zone 3 look open on walk testing. That's just plain weird. :(

The only possible answers to me are the programming (like the other forum issue) or a bell box compatability issue - though I struggle to see how a bell box would cause the symptoms with the zones unless I am missing something.

Edited by bruceyc

They are completely separate wires and also I eliminated that issue by removing the door switch wiring and putting a staple in.

The door switch wiring wasn't connected in any way to the alarm and it did the eact same thing.

5 hours I spent replacing a flippin' panel ARGHH!!

The problem occurs when I have Zone 1 on just a pair to the switch and the PIR wired in as normal as an inhibited zone.

Evrey single time the PIR triggers, it triggers the other zone in use - even with a staple in and no wiring anywhere near the PIR circuit.

Its got me compleetly baffled.

yep - becasue they are all visible and I removed the trunking covers to check - totally separate.

Just a cable to door 1, one to door 2, one to PIR and one to bell box. No joints.

I even went to the extent of pulling the back door one right out becasue it was the only one I couldn't full see. It was fine, no joints and just using one pair as you'd expect. All in tact and tested with a circuit tester.

Edited by bruceyc