Security Installer Community

Strange Request... Photo Of Texecom Firmware Flasher Pcb

MarkusG

I'd consider it. Looks like a single layer crunch and punch PCB to me with a switch cap charge pump and a couple of switches. Depends how tight I'm feeling or if I want a project for a summer student its the ideal kind of thing for them to put the serial interface down on the board too :-)

• 1 month later...

I'd consider it. Looks like a single layer crunch and punch PCB to me with a switch cap charge pump and a couple of switches. Depends how tight I'm feeling or if I want a project for a summer student its the ideal kind of thing for them to put the serial interface down on the board too :-)

Please see my blog - http://gw0udm.wordpress.com

I had exactly the same thought, but I couldn't find pics anywhere so I ended up buying one and looking at what it was doing. In short it does hardly anything, as most of the electronics on the board is for use with the old PC-COM cable. Using a USB cable (it has to be an FTDI chipset) you can build a DIY interface with a few resistors and a switch.

As you say could be a nice project to combine this with a UART to make an all-in-one interface.

Whichever way it's much cheaper than an official one! I imagine that Texecom will eventually get around to allowing you to flash directly with a USB cable which would be much better all round.

James