Security Installer Community

Accents Mini Panel With Reason8 Bell Box

paul73mt

Sorry just to start off straight away with a problem but I'm pulling my hair out here and prohaps someone can confirm what I'm thinking. I today wired up my alarm all ran with new 8 core cable. So I have left them tamp circuits bypassed with the link in the main unit until I know it's right so to speak. Anyway the problem I have is that my bell box is making two different sounds when the battery link is not connected and time link is still on "test" it will sound as normal now when I put the battery link on it then seem to make another sound over the "normal" sound I have wired the bell box as it says in the Accenta book and checked wiring more than once, Also when I do a strobe test on the remote lcd keypad it works when I try the bell test I get nothing.Any ideas??

Thanks

Paul

What connection have you made? Example strobe to -strobe etc

Also take the bellbox down and wire it up next to the panel , it may help in you working out what you have done wrong , still possible its faulty of course

ok sorry to keep going on but did progress a little further. Thought I would take pictures of all the connections then work out what had gone wrong. Took picture of control panel and forgo hat I had connected the phone dialler so I though I would take off the trigger connection to the Bell - connection on the main panel. After doing this I tried to 'test' the bell output again. this time it worked :) !! So the strange sounds I were getting from the bell box could be because I was trying to reset but getting a trigger ?? so I'm hoping to reconnect the battery in the bell box tomorrow and then see what it does.

yeah maybe I should of but the instructions told me to do this but the newer panels now have a dedicated output where I was looking and a manual that only listed the ADE Accenta 6 but you live and learn. Just hoping it will cure he 'funny noise2 from the bell box when I reconnect I tomorrow .

thanks for posting