Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3 System - Engineer Code

garmcqui

Hi all,

I purchased a Risco Agility 3 alarm system from a local installer a few years ago. Now I want to make a change to the volume of the speaker on the control panel (as we've had a baby and it's a bit loud, keeps waking him every time we set/unset the alarm).

However it seems I need an engineer code to do this. Is this something I can get, or as the owner of the system is it something I should have?  I'd rather not have to pay the local installer to come out and do this when it's something I'm quite capable of doing myself.

Thanks in advance,

M

ok, that I can understand.

I like things done properly, not a cushion over the panel.  However I somewhat resent having to pay to have an alteration made to something that I have already paid for.

If I asked the company to come out and change the engineer code to something of my choosing (therefore putting nobody else at risk), is that feasible? Or are installers able to refuse this?  

Thanks

ok, that I can understand.

I like things done properly, not a cushion over the panel.  However I somewhat resent having to pay to have an alteration made to something that I have already paid for.

If I asked the company to come out and change the engineer code to something of my choosing (therefore putting nobody else at risk), is that feasible? Or are installers able to refuse this?  

Thanks

But you paid for a security system and you were happy with the volume when it was installed, it wasnt the installer fault you had a baby.You could ask the installer to change the engineer to a default code. However, I would advice against meddling with the programming of your system, the programming is a large part of what you paid for when you had the system installed. It isnt that hard for a trained engineer to coc up the programming, and so you may end up paying two callouts one to default the code the other to program the system again

If you've messed with system programming and it doesn't activate if your broken into. Your insurers may use it as a way of not paying out .

I'd strongly recommend having the local installer carry out a maintenance ( as it should be getting checked every year anyway) and ask the enginee to turn down the volume while he's there.

As others have said it's not their fault you now want it quieter

Of course it's not their fault, I appreciate that. I would just like to have control over a system I've paid for - maybe I am just a control freak, lol.

Regarding insurance, I didn't bother telling the insurance company about the alarm, as it reduced the premium by the grand sum of £12. Seemed to make more sense to spend the £12 extra, than have the insurers able to decline a claim because someone had forgotten to set the alarm when we went out.

Looks like I'll arrange a maintenance visit then, the batteries probably need changing across the system anyway - are they all meant to be changed annually?

cheers